• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Step-by-step instruction on how to install SMP Folding into Windows Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a console application and I'm able to bring up the console with the unhide.bat provided by LandShark. To stop the application should I just close the console?

Yes, but use Ctrl+c, *NOT* just clicking on the red X in the upper right hand corner. FAH clients are NOT windows programs, and they will throw up right on your clean clothes, if you treat them like they are a windows program.

(The 5.03 graphical client is an actual Windows program, but it's the only one, so far.)

I gotta add some new sections on Running two instances with a Quad, and maybe starting and stopping FAH SMP for playing games. Also something about version 5.92... I can't imagine how much time it took Wedo to do all this stuff a few years back when I was reading all the different versions of his guides.

I am haveing a problem with with the unhide.bat keeping the window open it will only flash open and closed.

Last edited:
I am haveing a problem with with the unhide.bat keeping the window open it will only flash open and closed.

I sometimes have that happen. It has happend for no reason, and I've had to kill the F@H processes and start over. I've occasionally had to reboot.

Sometimes it won't run if you have a typo in the batch file. Some times the original process hasn't actually started, so you have nothing to unhide.

Is it happening all the time, or just some of the time?

well i got it working now i copied all of the files into the folder that folding is in ans then i had to change the path in the hide and unhide bat files to match the the install location.

Nice guide, but you may want to add one thing and it may help others.
When the install.bat runs and it executes the "create_credential_store true" part Do Not put in a password there.
That was keeping me from getting it to run for several days cause I was putting in a password on the credentials store.

I looked over the guide and couldnt find that part anywhere

what are the benefits of running an smp vs. a normal console client?

Significantly more PPD than the console client, though less than you would get from a good card running the GPU2 client. More utilization of your CPU for folding.

Nice guide, but you may want to add one thing and it may help others.
When the install.bat runs and it executes the "create_credential_store true" part Do Not put in a password there.
That was keeping me from getting it to run for several days cause I was putting in a password on the credentials store.

I looked over the guide and couldnt find that part anywhere

What part is that in? I never even seen the words "create_credential_store true" ? Are you talking about the part when you click on the install.bat and it asks you for your name and then tells you to type in your screen log-in password twice? (As far as I know that is normal and is supposed to be there.)

What part is that in? I never even seen the words "create_credential_store true" ? Are you talking about the part when you click on the install.bat and it asks you for your name and then tells you to type in your screen log-in password twice? (As far as I know that is normal and is supposed to be there.)

You only get "create_credential_store" when you are setting up the 5.92 client.

Back