• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Darn I need to play more. The PS3 is folding alot of WU's for the chimp challenge right now.

Has anyone else been helping Brian, Badman or Mel? They show up as a blue "person" icon on the map when you're near any of them. I think Brian is the first one you can find, and he just gives you $100 for nothing.

Last edited:
Just finished! Absolutely loved it. 64% complete, 33hrs playtime. I thought it was supposed to take 40-50? Any way, who the heck is Kiki? Some crackhead? I've only met/ helped out three 'strangers'. I killed Dwayne, instantly wished I hadn't. I found a 'Happiness Island' sweatshirt glowing red on the island.

The other day I jumped the NRG900 out of a park, not being able to see what was in the road on the other side.. Put the bike into a cop's windshield, got thrown into another car, which threw me into a wall, where I left some blood. Sweet.

I have to know, regarding the last big decision you have to make; Does the outcome change?

Last edited:
I'm not going to rush through the game. I just completed all the car thefts for Brucie. I'm in the process of doing the most wanted missions in the cop car, I'm going to date all the girls and guys I can.. the only thing I'm NOT going to do is worry about tracking down all the damned pigeons.

Nightelph, supposedly the game has multiple endings.

Gotcha. I haven't really done any side quests, except for a few of the 'freelance assassin' missions.

Just found the same for a dealership thats full of NRJ-900's. Its right down the street (south) of the northwestern most Burger Shot. The car dealership I mentioned earlier is only Turismo's.

To put on sleep mode on your phone, go to options > sleepmode (at the bottom).

Yeah I just found the Turismo's dealership this morning... YUM :) Now will have to check out the NRJ-900 dealership.

"Now will have to check out the NRJ-900 dealership."

My favourite vehicle from vice city, san adreas and gta4. Anyone remember the 'half pipe' dry dock side mission in GTA:SA? You had to use the superbike to hit all the glowing cirlces. I used to do that as a warm up. :)

I love the ripoff cars in this game. There is a car that is a cross between an:

80s Monte Carlo and a Buick Regal.
80s Camaro and Nissan 300ZX
60s/70s Chevelle and GTO
modern Chrysler 300
80s Dodge full-size pickup
modern Impala and Crown Victoria (taxi)

There are several others, but these are the ones that spring to mind.

I was happy to see a Suabru STi ripoff (corners well). And of course theres no mistaking the exhuast featured on the 'Infernus' which is taken from the Pagani Zonda C12.
The Hummer H2 is obvious. And I think I've seen a range rover suv, an escalade, that nissan avalanche' pickup...

Last edited:
i think the skyline and accord wagon combo is funny

edit:
is $40 too much to ask for this game when i am done with it?

Last edited:
Why am I so damn good with the Feltzer? For some reason the car drifts/corners like a GTA3 car, and I can understand it.

I'm going for 100% completion now, I got the Liberty City Minute achievement, and now i'm working on all the side missions/girlfriends. Tons of fun.

Sorry for the double post, but this warrants a bump.

So I'm trying to do the missions for Stevie where you find the cars he wants you to get, but I don't have the text message from him. Is there any way I can get it back?

The same goes for the random character encounters, what do I do if I accidentally kill the person or let them die? Do they respawn? Does the encounter still count?

hey if you guys killed Playboy X and goto his house and change clothes there you get the original GTA III clothes. Dunno if you guys noticed that but if not theres a tip. and the clothes are only in Playboy X's house.

hey if you guys killed Playboy X and goto his house and change clothes there you get the original GTA III clothes. Dunno if you guys noticed that but if not theres a tip. and the clothes are only in Playboy X's house.

Yeah I saw that tip the other day. I guess it's about time I change anyway. Haven't changed since I got the suit for the job interview... :beer:

I change for the dates sometimes or when i get bored of my clothes i change other than that i wear the GTA III clothes good for killing in.

your in Algonquin along time considering the other GTA games it takes a little time to get to the other islands in this one it took like no time to get to the second and third island. i guess you could consider Bohan an island.

Back