• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

GTA IV Discussion Thread

[Disclaimer: Do not read if you do not want gameplay elements of GTA IV spoiled for you.]

I just wanted to start a thread for general discussion of Grand Theft Auto IV. As long as you stay on-topic to some degree feel free to pose more questions.

A few questions to start...

- How can you use the sleep mode on your cellphone to avoid missing appointments? (Since somebody else will call to hang out with you while you're on your way to ANYTHING, and you lose some like/respect % by turning them down or being late to pick them up.)

- Is there any reason to do this (i.e. like/respect maintenance), or will simply completing enough missions to receive their friend perk remove any reason to care how much they like you?

And a few tips...

- I had to start jumping while going up ANY stairs as soon as I tried it once. (Simple I know, but I've seen people who don't know about it.)

- There is an attack helicopter on the roof of the police station in the Northern Holland area. Very fun...:)

Let the discussion begin...

As far as the friends go.... If you lose your likability with Little Jacob then he won't bring you his weapons car and if you lose it with Roman then he won't send cars for you. They're not a big deal but if I'm starting a mission and I need a bulletproof vest, sometimes it's easier to call Jacob than to drive to a store and if I'm travelling a long distance it is faster and free to call Roman for a car instead of paying for a cab.

Take a cab then kill the cabby and take his money.....free cab ride.....probelm solved! Just like the Hookers.

:soda:

Does anyone else have a problem understanding anything that comes out of Little Jacob's mouth?

Take a cab then kill the cabby and take his money.....free cab ride.....probelm solved! Just like the Hookers.

:soda:

Does anyone else have a problem understanding anything that comes out of Little Jacob's mouth?

Ja, demanbebombatalkinpufflikehesgotabombabigbagofpuffmarblesinhisrastamouthmon.

You can turn on subtitles, at least though...

unfortunately when you turn on subtitles it still looks like this and i still can't understand him ;) :bang head:
Agreed, lol.

I'm having an issue keeping up with all the buddies. I have som any friends now it feels like The Sims. gota keep calling them otherwise they hate ya.

Does being good friends with brucie get you anything?

Agreed, lol.

I'm having an issue keeping up with all the buddies. I have som any friends now it feels like The Sims. gota keep calling them otherwise they hate ya.

Does being good friends with brucie get you anything?

You can steal cars for him and run races for him which helps on your way to Achievements or 100% completion.

My question is has anyone found any hidden packages or did they get rid of them or are they really hard to find now??

glowing pigeons?!?!?!?! havent seen them but i also havent been looking for them. hmmmmm. also who did you guys kill Playboy X or Dwayn. I chose Playboy X. I wanted the nicer place.

I think GTA IV is possibly the best game ever made. It has everything I personally could ask for, good graphics, lots of free will, vehicles, guns, and an awesome story line. What else is there to discuss? :p

No hidden packages that I have seen yet, I think they were replaced by the glowing pigeons that you have to find and shoot.

I've picked off 5 so far. Man this is a HUGE world. Sometimes I spend a few hours just exploring and getting used to the area. That's how I found some of the pigeons. I also like doing stunt jumps......and of course killing people.

I need to get back to the missions......:)

i heard of something with the statue of liberty that is kinda hidden, though I won't disclose it here just because i don't want to ruin things for people.

if you're interested PM me and I'll send you the source link from what i heard.

All the pigeons I've found have been grounded. The first one I found, I saw something glowing orange so I walked up to it thinking it was a weapon in the distance or something. Then I saw it was a pigeon and said "it must be glowing for a reason" so naturally I shot it. Then I got a message saying "They're a now xyz more flying rats to kill". I don't know how many there are but it is over 100.

glowing pigeons?!?!?!?! havent seen them but i also havent been looking for them. hmmmmm. also who did you guys kill Playboy X or Dwayn. I chose Playboy X. I wanted the nicer place.

Thanks for the spoiler. Actually, I am way past that part, so it didn't bother me. :D I went the same route.

All the pigeons I've found have been grounded. The first one I found, I saw something glowing orange so I walked up to it thinking it was a weapon in the distance or something. Then I saw it was a pigeon and said "it must be glowing for a reason" so naturally I shot it. Then I got a message saying "They're a now xyz more flying rats to kill". I don't know how many there are but it is over 100.

I believe there are 200. I found one perched on a beam under an underpass while delivering stuff for Little Jacob.

Back