• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any real difference among these??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subverb

I have been considering skipping mid-tower all together for my next build and just getting a full tower so I got room for whatever. My question is what is the difference among these cases and is there one that is just truly better...

I skipped posting the different color options and stuck to the differences among model numbers since I assume silver vs. black is the same except the color.

Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution

Cooler Master Stacker 832

The 830 is $20 higher and I would guess the 832 is newer? The only thing that stands out to me is the front door design which I personally think looks better on the 830. Can someone comment on this?

They also have the 830 Evolution with a 1000W Real Power Pro PSU for $379.99, any thoughts?

Link: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution with Real Power Pro 1000W PSU

The only difference (I think) is the front panel.

I don't see any difference between that and my 830 Evo :shrug:

Wow, that was a DAMN quick reply! This is why I love this forum for when I have questions or just curious to read other posts hoping they help me out in someway.

I figured it was only the door, how do you like your 830 Evo? The door design is sexy with the mesh, my only worry was how tall it turned out to be. Is yours on the floor or on a desk? I know it measures out to ~21" tall, but it could seem much bigger once you have it in person.

Wow, that was a DAMN quick reply! This is why I love this forum for when I have questions or just curious to read other posts hoping they help me out in someway.
No problem :thup:

I figured it was only the door, how do you like your 830 Evo? The door design is sexy with the mesh, my only worry was how tall it turned out to be. Is yours on the floor or on a desk? I know it measures out to ~21" tall, but it could seem much bigger once you have it in person.
Mine is on a desk, I never sit computers on the floor; too dusty. Just so you know, it IS big case but is not as big on the inside as it should be. Don't get me wrong, it is still has a ton of space :)

I really do like this case quite a bit. It is the little things they do to make it come together.

If anything, I can tell you that you won't regret buying it unless you got the wrong color (like I did) :beer:

Mine is on a desk, I never sit computers on the floor; too dusty. Just so you know, it IS big case but is not as big on the inside as it should be. Don't get me wrong, it is still has a ton of space :)

I really do like this case quite a bit. It is the little things they do to make it come together.

If anything, I can tell you that you won't regret buying it unless you got the wrong color (like I did) :beer:

I was planning on black since that color can go with anything is a timeless color for a case. I want to do an SLI setup with 8800GTS (G92) for temp and then do step-up if the 9900 series have the effect of the 8800GTX vs. 7800GTX - blowing the current stuff out the water. I want the space for the goodies and I just tell myself I won't get the space without the bigger case. Could you possibly post a picture to give me a real world situation to check out the size?

Thiddy, if he is spending 230-250 on a case, I dont think he intends on putting the sucker on the floor...unless he is mad rich lol.
:p

Hahaha... welll....... ummm.... It did cross my mind if was bigger than I anticipated, but now it looks like I'll be cleaning off the side of my desk for it. I was looking at all mid-towers before as they've been my favorite, but with how big video cards are getting I'd rather have ample space and just not have to worry about stuff fitting properly.

I was planning on black since that color can go with anything is a timeless color for a case. I want to do an SLI setup with 8800GTS (G92) for temp and then do step-up if the 9900 series have the effect of the 8800GTX vs. 7800GTX - blowing the current stuff out the water. I want the space for the goodies and I just tell myself I won't get the space without the bigger case. Could you possibly post a picture to give me a real world situation to check out the size?
Pics of the 830 with 8800GTS 512? Already done:

(Please ignore cabling, I've been busy lately and have to custom wire the case :-/)

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Give me a few minutes to get some pictures with a 9800GTX ;)

Try to snap one where it has other stuff, like a monitor or whatever, in the same picture as reference if you can. I'm sorry to be a pest!

Don't worry about the wiring, I don't think mine will be very pretty once I get it unless I want to put off using it for a week while I fumble with wires trying to tuck them away. :)

I'm dying to build! I just wish I had the cash now to order everything, but I don't want to use the credit card until I have the cash to pay it off without getting hit interest on it. Its times like these I wish I waited to get one so I had the introductory 0% APR all over again! That was sooo handy!

Try to snap one where it has other stuff, like a monitor or whatever, in the same picture as reference if you can. I'm sorry to be a pest!
You want a picture of the monitors in it as reference? Is that what you mean?

You want a picture of the monitors in it as reference? Is that what you mean?

Yes, so I could picture how big everything will look setup. I will grabbing a 24" LCD to act as my display and noticed your sig with a BenQ 24" though I will only be using one.

Yes, so I could picture how big everything will look setup. I will grabbing a 24" LCD to act as my display and noticed your sig with a BenQ 24" though I will only be using one.
Sure, give me about 2 minutes :)

Thanks! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve just waiting for morning to open my presents, except in this case waiting for a nice fat paycheck to hit "submit order" :D

Thanks! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve just waiting for morning to open my presents, except in this case waiting for a nice fat paycheck to hit "submit order" :D
Do it, you know you want to! :D

9800GTX and requested monitor pictures:

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

I'm in love. :drool:

Thanks a ton for the pictures man! I think I found my case! I'm thinking of grabbing that combo with the 1000W PSU for $379.99, get a damn fine case
and a 1000W PSU for $120.

I may not get paid quick enough, but when I do, the money will sure be spent quick enough!

I'm in love. :drool:

Thanks a ton for the pictures man! I think I found my case! I'm thinking of grabbing that combo with the 1000W PSU for $379.99, get a damn fine case
and a 1000W PSU for $120.

I may not get paid quick enough, but when I do, the money will sure be spent quick enough!
No problem :thup:

I'd suggest getting a different power supply, not sure on the quality of that. Maybe someone else can chime in there.

Have you thought about the Cosmos 1000 or 1100? Both are great cases and priced at or below the 830 and 832. If you're just wanting something that will fit the big video cards in, the CM690 is a fantastic midtower and priced around $80. You can catch it on sale for less. I like the design and look of the Coolermaster cases and you can't go wrong with any of the ones mentioned.

CM PSUs are decent. It would be much better if it was modular as it has SIX +12v rails. That's a crap load of wires to hide in any case. If you wanted to save some $$, get one of the cheaper CM cases and get a good 700-800w PSU with 8pin PCIE connectors and be good to go.

Axis

Back