• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding for ocforums with a ps3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saxile

Is it against the rules to fold for you guys with my ps3 and computer :confused:? Couldn't find anything with an answer to that one, also new to folding for teams, but not new to folding, just downloading the one click and pluging in my name folds for team 32 right?

Against what rules? :confused:

You can fold with whatever you want ;)

Yes, team 32 :)

didn't know if you guys just wanted pc's or not ;) seeing this is a pc forum :santa: but glad I can use the ps3, that thing is a folding beast.

And a big :welcome: to you and your PS3, as well.

All folding rigs are welcome. :burn: :burn:

Right now, it would be best put to use by changing the Username to T32monkeys.

For the Chimp Challenge. :thup:

Roger that, username changed to T32monkeys, can you recommend any special settings for my pc? currently set to bigpackets=yes running the one-click with -Advmethods

welcome to the team and I think you can fold with whatever you like :D

I try not to waste electricity on anything that doesn't product atleast 1k ppd however.

that set-up with the smp client should get around 1kppd

I'm an Intel guy, but I believe the 4400 would be hard put to make the SMP deadlines. They're so short - 3 or 4 days typically. Very disappointing to have done all that folding, only to see the deadline go by, and you're still folding at only 95%! :bang head

So I'd recommend two FAH uni-processor clients, either 5.02 or 5.04, one installed as a service, with big packets=yes, and the other installed as a console window, with big packets also = yes.

You've got the memory saxile!

The console window is just easier to stop when you need to do something that requires more computer resources, AND it's easier for a new folder to get to know the FAH client, if it's there as a window, also.

It's up 24/7 and idle 90% of the time?

I'd try the SMP client, then. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to the uni-processor folding programs.

Actually Adak, if that 4400+ is overclocked and runs 24/7, it should make the deadline with time to spare. My Opty 165 at 2650 can do them with no problems. But now if it gets shut off for a significant amount of time it will miss the deadlines. I just checked and mine is presently working on a 2653 and it looks like it will complete it in around 36 hours.

I can push my cpu a little higher, but isn't rock solid, fails in prime only, 2.8 is about my limit before crashing in everything due to vdroop. PS3 on the other hand finshes in less than 24 hours.

you should be alright around 2.6 IMHO thats where I stand with my 170 and normally finish with a day to spare.

Yeah, course I figure where it's always just idling it'll have full use of all resources 24/5, only days I use it are Sat night and Sun, rest of the time I'm only home 3 waking hours so no time for it. Forums, email, and shopping all done on my moto q

Back