• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler for a E2140?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Looking for a new HS for my E2140. At the moment I just have the stock Intel and my temps idle around 55C @ 3.0GHZ and get as high as low 80's load. Don't care about size. I was looking into a TRUE 120 HS maybe, unless someone has a better option. I want to reduce my temps as much as I can.

Also looking for a new HS for my 7600GT but was also thinking of getting a heat sink that is future proof as I will be trying to upgrade to a 8800GT/GTS soon. So like a universal one. If that's even possible.

I have this HS picked out for VGA cooling. Looks like it works with 7600 series and the 8800 series cards. Preferably I would like something maybe a little bigger.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186016

Price at the moment is really undetermined as I am just wondering about how much these things go for. Thank you.

EDIT: Ah I put in wrong section, if a mod could please move it. Thank you.

depends on what your after if you want good cooling with low noise. then a ninja might be in order with twin yateloon fans. if you dont care about noise and want the best cooling the U120E with some highspeed fans. while you can still use the U120E with lower speed fans you of course drop cooling. with the ninja though you can use 2 low speed fans or 1 med speed to get the best cooling from the HS.

If you are feeling adventurous, why not consider taking the IHS off and purchasing the Ultima-90?

Unlike the higherend Core Series, the E2/4/Celeron Cores do not have the solder/epoxy attaching the IHS to the core. :)

Just a thought,

bryan d

I don't really mind how silent or loud fans are. I might get the Ultima90. But the TRUE120 and ULTIMA90 look almost the same to me. What is the difference. I basically want the greatest cooler without going above air meaning I don't want to go into water cooling or anything like that.

You should try one of the direct-touch heatsinks. I got a kingwin version and it keeps my 2160@ 30*c Idle and 42*c Load.

Back