• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning this build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

here is my current build. hope to order this tuesday. I already have a 500 GB drive I will pull from my current system for storage. this will mostly be used for Age of Conan, with some Team Fortress 2... for now.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink, Socket 775/AM2, Aluminum
eVGA nForce 780i
OCZ 4GB Reaper HPC Edition PC2-9200 DDR2
2x BFGTech GeForce® 8800 GT OC2
Western Digital 150GB WD Raptor
Lite-on DH-16D2S-04 16x48x DVD-ROM
Lite-on LH-20A1L 20x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Burner
CM Stacker 832
Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64-bit, OEM
Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2b, OEM

Last edited:
Are you dual booting? otherwise no need for 2 os's (obviously).

I can't comment, but I think most people on this forum will conclude that Home Premium > Ultimate. basically because you save like $100.

Are you dual booting? otherwise no need for 2 os's (obviously).

I can't comment, but I think most people on this forum will conclude that Home Premium > Ultimate. basically because you save like $100.

Yea, I plan on dual-booting. Will use Ultimate most of the time, and am using a XP install that I already have for times when Vista decides to take a dump on my head.

i would say switch it up a bit... i would get the EVGA 750i FTW, as tri-sli isnt worth it.. 750i FTW = what 680i should have been. get the E7300, as right now its hitting 4ghz with out much problem. dont worry about the L2 cache size it takes a doubling of L2 to equal 6% performance increase. is the added cost really make it worth it? also you could on stock v for the E7300 hit 333fsb putting it at E8500 speeds since it has a 9.5x multi.

Back