• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best F1 sim?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PipeBom

What do people think the best Formula 1 simulator is? I have Grand Prix 3, and its the best one I've played. I was just wondering if there was a better one out there. I'm currently downloading F1 2001 by EA Sports. Is that any good? If it isn't then I would love to know, as it would save me downloading a 180Mb setup file. ;)

well f1 has some sweeet graphics and the game play is veery realistic. However, u probably will need a gamepad or something likea joystick to get a real feel for the game. After playing this game you'll know exactly what its like to be in the running for a f1 championship. :D

you only get one chance here, and you just used it up. DO NOT discuss warez, downloading it, using it, where to get it, etc. AT ALL.

Consider this your only warning

Shadow ÒÓ

Last edited by a moderator:
you only get one chance here, and you just used it up. DO NOT discuss warez, downloading it, using it, where to get it, etc. AT ALL.

Shadow ÒÓ

I also agree that playing these kind of games without any sort of steering wheel or joystick realy limits the game's playability. The force-feedback steering wheels are suppost to be great for F1 games like this one...

I find steering wheels impossible..

I had bought the FF guillemot ferrari one... pedals and shifter..

I was using it in rally games, it actaully made it harder... the small radius of the wheel, it wasn't really 'ratiod' right, doesn't compare to a real car...

I found keyboard easier... having grown up on one

I like Grand Prix Legends and F1 2001

As for controls, I use a joystick. I started off using one, and it just feels better than a wheel.

Yes, most steering wheels aren't very good. You have to choose the right one. I find that the logitech wingman formula force GP steering wheel is fantastic! You could also try the microsoft force feed back steering wheel if you please... But I have to agree, none of the steering wheels feel close to the real thing. Shame...

I think its mostly a matter of preference. I have a logitech formula force GP sitting on the floor nex to me right now, and I'm not too fond of it. The only way I can even stand it, with is in the patched version of F1 2001 with force feedback turned on. It still takes a bit of tweaking to get it to feel just right, but it is the most realistic force feedback I've ever experienced. Even then, though, the effects leave something to be desired, and the pedals still suck (especially the brake pedal).

Gravity Man said:
I like Grand Prix Legends and F1 2001

As for controls, I use a joystick. I started off using one, and it just feels better than a wheel.

yea my preference is also a joystick... I find that its much easier to control and get a feel with rather than a wheel. :D

Shadow ÒÓ

I am truly sorry that I mentioned that downloading thing. I didn't think that it was in breach of the forum rules. Guess I didn't think too hard about that one....
Once again, I am verry sorry.

Back