• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SMP install on Q6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

Since I don't really have much of an option to OC with my current ECS mobo, I was wondering how I can get 100% production on all 4 cores. I have 2 different system monitors running and they both report an average of about 70-80% use on 3 cores and 100% on 1 core. Is there are reason for that or all they all supposed to be 100%? Sorry fellas, I m new to this Q6600.:beer:

I have been running two instances of fah on my quad linux rig. Thats the only way it will show 98-100% on all four cores. Not sure if that is the totally correct way but it works on mine.

That was one of the things I was wondering. How did you set that up as 2 instances? I think I want to try that out.

Basically I set up another folder under the main folding folder. I called it FAH2. Install folding at home like in the sticky,only this time in the second folder. Then open a second terminal and cd to the 2nd folder. Then just enter the same ./fah6 blah blah blah and it should start a second instance.

If you're first instance is machine id 1 then just make the second something other than 1... 2 will do nicely. :)

Also, your other option, instead of two native Linux clients, is to run VMWare on top of your Ubuntu install with 2xUbuntu VMs. The benefit over running 2 clients native is that you can avoid "quad only" WUs since each VM can only see a maximum of 2 cores, so the VM client will look like a dual core to Stanford.

Back