Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Quakertown Pa.
    Posts
    572

    General Discussion

    Ummm, this is the GENERAL discussion thread right? Where we generaly discuss things. I was just trying to have a discussion about rude people on E-Bay.

    No agenda. I wasn't trying to "Accomplish" something other than having a GENERAL DISCUSSION.

    If someone can't post a thread about a general subject that has at least a little to do with OC'ing, than why even have it?

    Sorry to b****, but when someone doesn't like a Thread, try not to use your personal opinion to kill it.

    Obviously i'm not the only one who has dealt with this person. I even made sure he wasn't a member here before posting that thread. I really like this forum, but i'm finding some of the rules childish.


    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=561676

  2. #2
    Member Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    4,214
    Yea your digging yourself an even deeper hole here buddy.

    If you have a gripe about how a thread was handled.

    Post it here (Forum Feedback):

    http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

    or even better contact a moderator
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

  3. #3
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Quakertown Pa.
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Yea your digging yourself an even deeper hole here buddy.

    If you have a gripe about how a thread was handled.

    Post it here (Forum Feedback):

    http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

    or even better contact a moderator
    You're right. No disagreements here.

    I just thought my thread was OK for that section. That's all.

    I'll just use more discretion next time. Or just not post new threads.

  4. #4
    Senior Django-loving Member Captain Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Right seat with a bored "don't kill me" expression
    Posts
    4,933
    *sigh*

    In before locked.

    For what it's worth, most of the crap that is locked is locked because, well, it needs to be locked, and doesn't serve too much in the way of a purpose. The idea is to avoid less-than-discussions in GD.
    B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Political Science | Commercial Pilot Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
    "And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

    Strong * Focused * Safe
    Apple Mac Pro 4,1, Two Nehalem Xeons 2.26GHzx4 (Hyperthreaded), 12 GB DDR3 FBDRAM | MacBook Pro 15" (2009)

  5. #5
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Quakertown Pa.
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Newbie View Post
    *sigh*

    In before locked.

    For what it's worth, most of the crap that is locked is locked because, well, it needs to be locked, and doesn't serve too much in the way of a purpose. The idea is to avoid less-than-discussions in GD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsbaby View Post
    You're right. No disagreements here.

    I just thought my thread was OK for that section. That's all.

    I'll just use more discretion next time. Or just not post new threads.

  6. #6
    Folding for Team 32! Ben333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Yea your digging yourself an even deeper hole here buddy.

    If you have a gripe about how a thread was handled.

    Post it here (Forum Feedback):

    http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

    or even better contact a moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide
    ok? Stop crying dude. What is this post going to accomplish?

    (j/k) I had to. lol

    The reason your thread was deleted is because David thought that it either wasn't worth discussing or would spin off into a bad thread.

  7. #7
    Member reclaimer122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    ok? Stop crying dude. What is this post going to accomplish?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was too late! (pulls out pistol)
    DFI Infinity 975X
    e6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.4gHz (378x9) [1.328v] ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Heatsink
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (4GBPQ) Running DDR2 756 at 5-4-4-12 [2.1v]
    eVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX 512MB GDDR3 [800/1944/1220MHz]
    2x WD 160gb 7200RPM SATA in RAID-0 [105MB/s]
    Corsair HX Series 520HX PSU [12.08v +12v Rail]
    All inside a Sunbeam Transformer Black Steel ATX Full Tower Case

  8. #8
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Quakertown Pa.
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by ben333 View Post
    (j/k) I had to. lol

    The reason your thread was deleted is because David thought that it either wasn't worth discussing or would spin off into a bad thread.
    I suppose you're right. I guess it was a negative thread.

    Well, i've done my boat-rocking for today! Apologies all around.

  9. #9
    Member wa77ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,013
    OP, I hope my post in your original thread didn't offend you, I was just trying to make a point at both you and Xenocide. If you have some real issues with the way people are treating you, just PM a moderator next time. OCF is a friendly place most of the time, and I know moderators will do what they can to keep it that way.


    Lets all just move on

  10. #10
    Disabled DerekDRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    No Truss Passing :)
    Posts
    2,211

  11. #11
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Quakertown Pa.
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by wa77ss View Post
    OP, I hope my post in your original thread didn't offend you, I was just trying to make a point at both you and Xenocide. If you have some real issues with the way people are treating you, just PM a moderator next time. OCF is a friendly place most of the time, and I know moderators will do what they can to keep it that way.


    Lets all just move on
    No offense taken, it involved an E-Bay member, not anyone here so a Mod couldn't really help.

    Moving on.....

  12. #12
    Member reclaimer122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    715
    DFI Infinity 975X
    e6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.4gHz (378x9) [1.328v] ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Heatsink
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (4GBPQ) Running DDR2 756 at 5-4-4-12 [2.1v]
    eVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX 512MB GDDR3 [800/1944/1220MHz]
    2x WD 160gb 7200RPM SATA in RAID-0 [105MB/s]
    Corsair HX Series 520HX PSU [12.08v +12v Rail]
    All inside a Sunbeam Transformer Black Steel ATX Full Tower Case

  13. #13
    SU(3) Moderator
    Super Nade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    9,575
    Looks like everybody have had their say and the OP wishes to move on. So, I'm closing this thread.
    You are allowed to voice your displeasure about e-bay as long as you stay within the forum rules.
    Motherboard Repair Tutorial || Power Supply Repair Tutorial || A Closer Look at PSU Signals ||
    Understanding SMPS Technology
    || ASUS P5K Capacitor mod || Kernel Compile Guide || Guide to Wiping an SSD

    Build in progress
    ASUS Maximus Hero || i5-4670K || Crucial M500-480Gb || Antec HCP-850M || ASUS GTX 750Ti || Carbide 300R || Coolermaster Glacer 240L

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •