• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to save this video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

I want to save this video to my computer

http://www.2securecargo.com/application.php

this is the direct link to the embedded video

*********** WARNING THIS WILL LAUNCH Windows Media Player*********
mms://wms7.insinc.com/streamworks/2_secure_cargo_6.wmv
*********** WARNING THIS WILL LAUNCH Windows Media Player*********

I just want to download it. please someone point me in the right direction

Easiest way is to d/l Real Player (latest version), and get the option add on to download video's from the net, going.

Then, most video's, you'll see the little "Download this video" banner as it's playing. Just click on that once, and it will d/l the video for you.

I d/l'ed this video for you, and put it up on swoopshare, but I was not able (for some reason), to save the url. Weird.

Easiest way is to d/l Real Player (latest version), and get the option add on to download video's from the net, going.

Then, most video's, you'll see the little "Download this video" banner as it's playing. Just click on that once, and it will d/l the video for you.

I d/l'ed this video for you, and put it up on swoopshare, but I was not able (for some reason), to save the url. Weird.

I will try Real Player

I normally have NO problems extracting movies and flash, but this mms:// prefix forces a Windows Media Player launch and I am stuck

The url just above that, will d/l using Real Players download this video, banner.

I didn't try the lower url.

I used to just make a hyperlink to the url, then right-click and download for a few tricky videos but Firefox won't give the download option on the hyperlink. I suppose because it's streaming. VLC will also cache it to a local directory when you open network streams if you don't want to bother with Realplayer.

Back