• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help to build 2computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blarf

Hi,
the first one is for my dad, he wants to do video editing stuff so i was thinkin a quqd core processor with 4 gig of ram and a little GC but i don't know which MB.
my other built is for games with a dual core, 4gig, a 9800gtx and i'm not sure abotu the MB.

which one would you advise to buy as far as MB and maybe memory sticks too.

thanks

Ouch, full build specs? I saw some people read your post, but didn't reply. It can be a lot of work, I spent a month specing my machine out before I laid down the cash. Try doing a bit more research, and perhaps compile a couple potential builds on NewEgg. Then ask for some advice between the two. Theres so many options out there, if the five people before me all posted, you could get five different builds! Whats your budget?

P.S. Grab Yoself an Avatar!

no, i know what i want as far as proc. i just need some help with the MB and memory.

i'll get a quad core (775) for the video editing PC and a dual core for the gaming one. i was thinkin those P35?
they will run with Nvidia Graphic cards

i just need some help choosing GOOD MB and Memory sticks.

the budgets are about 150-200 for each MB and about 100 for 4gig of mem

Almost any P35 board will work great. Here's 4 solid P35 based boards, they'll work for both setups:
Gigabyte DS3L
Abit IP35-E (hard to find now though, the IP-35 vanilla is good too)
MSI Neo2-FR
Foxconn P35A

For RAM just get 4gb of inexpensive DDR2-800 Cas 4. Theres no need to spend even 100 on RAM, it's dirt cheap and you won't notice the difference in apps or games with ultra high end RAM (the money is better spent elsewhere first)

Also, I'd suggest a 8800GTS 512 instead of the 9800 since it's the same card with just slightly less clock speeds but costs ALOT less.

Back