• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipacker

Disabled
hi guys im going to re install windows xp trouble is i want to load my raid drivers but i have no floppy drive is there another way of doing so?

thanks in advance

Load off a CD just punch F6 during initial setup and when promped, insert the CD and navigate to the location. Now this is only necessary if you are using the RAID as the boot drive. If not, you can set up after windows loads.

I know this is wrong but I'm assuming this is an onboard RAID and not an add-in card.

Load off a CD just punch F6 during initial setup and when promped, insert the CD and navigate to the location. Now this is only necessary if you are using the RAID as the boot drive. If not, you can set up after windows loads.

I know this is wrong but I'm assuming this is an onboard RAID and not an add-in card.

its XP, you cannot load raid drivers from a cd

its XP, you cannot load raid drivers from a cd

That is correct.

Antipacker, you gonna have to get yourself a pos floppy drive just for the raid drivers. Maybe you can pick one up at a mom & pop pc repair place for about 5 bux or less. I only keep the floppy drive for 2 reasons: Flashing video cards & Installing raid drivers.

ok thanks guys

Wish there was another way m8, but there ain't :-/ When you get the used floppy drive, be sure it's cleaned out from dust and crap. Some compressed air will do it. After you do your raid, save it. You'll never know when you'll need it again ;)

Also check second hand stores, I picked mine up for $3 at a habitat for humanity. Good place for a test monitor too, picked up a 19" CRT for $4. They had a ton of both.

YES! Integrate those text mode drivers with nLite!!! I haven't used "F6" in years since I discovered nLite. I'd HIGHLY recommend slipstreaming SP3 Final with nLite, too :)

The only thing is I have found you still have to write a Floppy Disc for the Intel RAID drivers, and then copy the drivers off the floppy disk onto your Data partition. Then integrate them into nLite from the data partition. I haven't found out how to extract the drivers directly from the "F6 floppy exe" file w/o first writing to a floppy. But you can do that on ANY PC with a floppy drive (copy them to a USB Key once the floppy is written)

:cool:

You can extract the files from the Matrix Storage Manager, in this case using the latest version iata78_enu.exe (Ver:7.8.0.1012)...

Unattended installation instructions under Windows XP
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/cs-020825.htm

English: iata78_enu.exe
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Professional&lang=eng

Advanced Installation Instructions (referenced in the Unattended Installation instructions article above)
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/14848/ENG/readme.txt

For example after downloading the Storage Manager to my Desktop, and creating a new folder called RAID Drivers (under the root directory), I ran the following command from the Run box...

C:\Users\redduc900\Desktop\iata78_enu.exe -a -a -p"c:\raid drivers"

... which extracted the contents of the executable, which contains 3 folders... namely Docs, Driver, and Driver64.

Last edited:
Pain in the

Hey guys,

I also have a new DX38BT motherboard I've been wrestling with the last few days, trying to get XP loaded with RAID0. The mobo of course has no floppy connector. Tried USB floppy - no luck, then moved on to nLite.

First I got the latest driver from Intel, 8.5.0.1032 dated 7/20/2008. In nLite, added both the AHCI and RAID TEXT MODE ICHxR drivers to an XP Pro SP2 installation (I know I didn't need the AHCI, but figured it wouldn't do any harm either). Using this CD, during install it sees the hard disk, lets me partition it, etc. -- using a regular XP SP2 CD, I don't get this far. But shortly after the point where it says "Starting Windows" (but while still in text mode) it asks me to put the Intel Matrix driver in Drive A:.

I thought maybe I need the PNP driver in there also. So I made a new image with nLite. Added every text mode driver this time, and also added the PNP RAID driver (from the same driver folder with iastor.inf, etc.). Booting from this CD just locks up the PC even before any Windows XP setup screens show up.

So Goshawk, or anyone else who managed to get this damn thing working: How'd ya do it? Where am I messing up????
:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: Hmm -- after taking out 2 GB of RAM and leaving only 2 in, and also resetting memory timings to default, the original CD with the text-mode drivers worked.

Last edited:
Back