• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OCing my Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Hey all, I am having a few problems getting this thing to take even a mild oc and be prime stable. Q6600 is SLACR if I remember from looking at it, CoreTemp says revision G0.

Running what is in my signature, I bumped up the FSB to 300x9 (2700) and it is not prime stable for more than 5 min. I tried it at the default voltage (1.2) and I also tried bumping the voltage to 1.3 and it would still reboot. I tried running 1:1 on the ram just to see if that was the problem and it still rebooted. Temps are from coretemp under 100% load running prime 95

Core0- 62
Core1- 60
Core2- 56
Core3- 56

I can run prime stable using stock settings and ram running 2:3 @ 408Mhz. Temp when I run stock are the same as when I am running OC'ed.

CPU feature screen in the BIOS looks like this

Thermal Control- Disable
Limit CPUID MaxVal- Disable
C1E Function- Disable
Execute Disable Bit- Enable
Virtualization- Enable
EIST Function- Disable

Am I missing a setting somewhere or did I just get a crappy chip that wont run 2.7 :( Thanks for the help in advance.

I would have a very hard time believeing that it's your CPU causing instability.

It has be other settings, please post your BIOS settings....

Back