• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Latency?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the 64 or 128 thing you referred to is the video aperture size.

I'm positive that they were referring to latency... I thought maybe I was goin crazy or was just dumb... cause the default on mine is 32 and I could've sworn that I heard somewhere else too that 32 is default. I'll see if I can find that thread somewhere.

Here it is... http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56248&highlight=PCI+latency

oTTO said:
you can check you BIOS settings and look for the PCI latency timer. the default settings would be 64 or 128. most the equipments is made to work with the default latencies so i dont think youll have a problem with yours set to the default options.
sandra also reports the latency is too high for my nic, never had a problem up to now.
changing that latency will affect several devices so dotn bother about that.

Confused me a bit:p

right, that must be wrong. the information i got from reading a couple of bios optimization guides where the 64 is a default number for some motherboards. its wrong anyway, i dont think 128 is a default latency. the correct would be 32 or 64.

O is the best
i could run 0 in 9x without any problems at all, loved it
NT os's didn't like it (well my sound cards to be exaxt)
so now i am running at 8

edit
the latency is the delay in clock cycles before the PCI bus (cards on it) will repsond/ do anything... So lower latency less delay

Back