• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another wonderful pad mod for Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I was fortunate to get in on the deal a few weeks back on the Fry's Q6600+ ECS G31T-M mobo combo. But when it arrived I realized that there was really no way to increase the speed of my CPU due to the limited bios options in the mobo. Some fellas on here (Evilsizer, thanks for your help.) suggested that I try the pad mod and guess what? To my amazement, it worked! Before, the max setting I could set in the bios was 266x9 which gave me the default 2.4ghz, but now I have the FSB set at 335x9 which according to the testing and the screen shots I'm currently running at 3004 mhz. That's all I wanted since this is a 24/7 folding machine. :beer: This is the biggest mod that I had performed thus far, next to flashing video cards and it turned out well. I took some pics along the way, the only one that turned out bad was the completed mod due to overexposure. but you can still see the mod.

Last edited:
Back