• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hawking HWU8DD 2 thumbs up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

I just picked one up and i must say im impressed. This is a very nice 8dbi wifi adapter.

Unit it's self works very well and the software included is fairly easy to use and offers me detailed information and features than the normal windows xp connection software and outhers that i have seen that are included with outher adapters.

Over all build qualty is ok, Plastic seems cheap and overall finish could use some work but this unit gives solid powerfull preformance with very simple installation.

My only major problem with the unit is its sig. led's that show you the strength of the sig. In low light conditions it can be pretty see how strong the sig. is due to bleed through. Also this is only G so you wont get any faster speeds outher than 54Mbps i wish they would have made thsi unit atleast 108 but we cant have it all.

The unit can be had from $60 online to $70 at local stores and some Best Buy's stock the unit for $69.99.

I'll post some more detailed info and well see how it compairs to a Netgear WPN111

Final verduct.

If your in the market for a new wifi adapter but need somthing with more range than your typical card then look no further. The $60-70 price tag may seem a bit much for most but pound for pound when connecting to a 54mbps G netwroks this unit outranged all outher i have ever had by quite some distance. I'll more info when i finish testing.

IF you have any questions requarding this unit please feel free to sent me a PM.

And for the eye candy.

IMG_1477.jpg

Back