• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mouse for cod4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys, help me understand.

I'm not bragging or gloating, or by far saying I'm better than anyone else, but I whoop some a$$ in FPS. From old school HLDM/AG, to CS & DoD, to CS:S & DoD:S, not UT - never liked it, to the CoD series, and so forth, I've always been good. Not good as in, look I'm at the top of the list at the end of the map, but K:D, skill, accuracy aim and so forth.

Here is what I need help understanding. WHY, oh why do you have to go blow close to $100 on a mouse when since I can remember I've used POS mice...started with a ball, snagged a...Microsoft Intellieye (optical) from middle school, I pounded that into pieces and put it back together with glue many of times, and since then been riding a MX310. I cannot say that my "aim" has improved. I've always played with acceleration on, usually low sensitive (1 ~ 2 in CS & CoD). Everyone just laughs at me at lan parties cuz I play with a 10 year old keyboard a "crappy non-gaming" mouse...I don't understand. I've tried using a G5, a MX510, a G9 even, it just didn't seem right, 103498 buttons on the mouse, millions of sensitivity settings, even on the lowest it seemed to fly all over the screen.

Its obvious that in the end....its the gamer that makes the mouse, not the mouse that makes the gamer.

I was a top Rainbow 6 player on zone way back in the day when optical mice were the new hip thing to have. I rocked with a 99cent ball mouse from a local shop downtown.

After that, I've been using the MS Optical Black for several years now.

me either but $50 was ok, i mainly want buttons for melee and grenade, when i see the pick up icon i can never get to g fast enuff lol

Guys, help me understand.

I'm not bragging or gloating, or by far saying I'm better than anyone else, but I whoop some a$$ in FPS. From old school HLDM/AG, to CS & DoD, to CS:S & DoD:S, not UT - never liked it, to the CoD series, and so forth, I've always been good. Not good as in, look I'm at the top of the list at the end of the map, but K:D, skill, accuracy aim and so forth.

I would so pwn you :D

Its obvious that in the end....its the gamer that makes the mouse, not the mouse that makes the gamer.

A mouse fit to a gamer will help enhance the gamer. Every gamer has a style of play, some mice are better suited to that style.

Yeah cuz your probably playing with 2x G5/7/9's in SLI??

Its not always the power of the hardware that makes a good player. One of the best ut2k4 teams back in the day, used surprising low computers compared to the fastest available. Their secret? Playing in super low resolutions, to not only speed up fps but to make their targets better visable.

So hardware isnt always what defines a player.

Zig, your mx310 would suit me really really nicely for gaming as well. It's 800DPI, the max I ever use on my adjustable mice. Really, for people like yourself, it's all about the feel of the mouse in your hand and the weight. Mousing surface plays a large part as well.

If I could buy a truckload of mx500's I would in a heartbeat.

i paid 70 bucks for my g9 =] i have G5V2 and G5 and i prefer my g9 much better for me at least G5 is still a great mouse :)

Back