• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mouse for cod4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

think its time for the logitech roller ball to be put to rest, is there another ball mouse thats good for gaming or should i go to laser? id like some ectyra buttons for melee , grenade etc

i bought a mx518, good choice?

Great choice, and I think the ergonomics of the mouse are fantastic.

When I first started playing CoD4 I was using a Microsoft Habu (Laser)
I loved this mouse and everything about it was great. Then low and behold I started getting the usb disconnect/reconnect issues infamous with laser mice.

So this weekend I decided to pick up the Razer Lachesis (Laser) and it did the exact same thing with the disconnect/reconnect problems. Plus the profile of the mouse was a little too low for my taste

Thats how I ended up going back to optical and picking up the Logitech.

cool, ive been using the logitech marble roller ball mouse for years, will take some getting used to, what are all the dpi settings for? does a higher dpi give you more accuracy in a game or something?

cool, ive been using the logitech marble roller ball mouse for years, will take some getting used to, what are all the dpi settings for? does a higher dpi give you more accuracy in a game or something?

Only if you can handle it! If you have a shaky hand then you will be less accurate. I typically run at about 800 DPI or if I move the mouse 1mm the entire screen pulls a 180 on me :D

Start off with moderately setting your DPI and Polling Rate... then adjust accordingly. :thup:

Mouse pointer acceleration, it should be in your mouse settings somewhere.

Turning acceleration off provides more consistent mousing performance because when acceleration is on, both how far you move the mouse and how fast you move the mouse factor into how far the cursor moves on screen, but without acceleration, only how far you move the mouse determines how much the cursor moves. It will allow you to be more precise with your mouse movements.

I'm still stuck in the ancient days of the MX1000. I've had a play with a MX518 on a mates PC, gotta say, really nice mouse. Good choice :D

*snip* :beer:

Long story short, nice choice on the 518. I had a couple. Super solid mouse.

:attn:

Last edited:
wow, i lowered acceleration and my kills to deaths are even now, i could never hit sh**...............any other things i dont know? lol

Back