• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, time for a video upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slim_lim

I finally got my oldie Cel300@450 on BH6 upgraded to Cel900@1008 (I thought i'd do better but I have problems running higher, not sure they're caused by CPU). So now I need to replace my ancient TNT with something newer and better and not too expensive and that will work with my mobo. Advice please?

Might have a Radeon 7500 on sale somewhere, they were like 115$ last week. Its a good card for the price, shop around, im sure you can get it at that price.

the overclocker said:
or a geforce 2 ti, which i recon is faster but costs abit more

actually the 7500 crushex the geforce2 Ti the 7500 in pure speed is almost on par with an ultra....

Radeons are lovely but im a nvidia disciple ( :D ) - a geforce2 mx is what used to be the budget/mid range card - but safely said - its slow - the Geforce 2 MX200 is the SLOWEST 64-BIT BUS AHHH - a GTS is enough for your average user (wel la bit more than the average user then hehe) - i got a Ti (non reference - 250/333 instead of reference 250/400 bleeh who cares) - an im quite pleased with it and how much did it cost including tax?

£65! in US$ - i havent got a clue - do the math(s) it was quite cheap - its against my nvidia followers rulebook - but i agree radeons are NICE (also...a bit...mmmmmooooo....yea...)

Back