• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

loop order...CPU only loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

i know this has been asked probably 1983279847234 times, and i did a search but i apparently suck at it.

i know it probably doesnt matter TOO much, but im just looking for some opinions as this is my first loop.

my parts:

Dtek fusion waterblock w/ quad nozzle
Mastercleen 1/2" tubing
Corsair DDC-11P pump w/ petras top
swiftech micro res
swifteh MCR-320 rad
rocketfish case

so any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
at best shuffling order in a loop will get you a 0.5C decrease in temp but making sure you get the shortest lenght of tubing without hard bends and kinks will tend to yield a better decrease in temp and a cleaner loop to work with. I'd take a 3C temp hit anytime if it means a maintenance like a walk in the park.

pump - rad - cpu - res should do. Rad before CPU block helps cool the water just as it goes into cpu block.

well because of where im putting everything, the res will be right below the rad (it will be mounted on the top panel blowing out)

but i guess i can mount everything up, get the tubing lengths sorted out, then bleed the loop outside the case with the res on top, and then reinstall the loop as a whole after bleeding. will that work?

any tips on bleeding? i figure all i need to do is just put the res on top and add water and run the pump and keep adding water til all the air comes out? or is there more to it?

But it's also important to keep all tubes as short as possible. The Black Ice X-flow I have has barbs on opposite side of the rad so it was easy to have both short as possible and still have rad first. Pump/res is one unit and sits on the bottom of the case. The pump is rotated 90 degree so the outlet points straight up, and the tube goes almost perfectly straight up into the rad. On the other side of the rad, there's only 9 inches of tube from rad to the inlet of water block.

It is possible to have best of both if you plan ahead on where everything is mounted.

Back