• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What monitor size do you use? [Old]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What monitor size do you use?

• LCD

Votes: 217 29.1%
  • CRT

Votes: 52 7.0%
  • 19" and smaller

Votes: 151 20.2%
  • 20" - 23"

Votes: 318 42.6%
  • 24" - 26"

Votes: 215 28.8%
  • 27" - 29"

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • 30" - 35"

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • 36" - 49"

Votes: 36 4.8%
  • > 50"

Votes: 18 2.4%
  • Rock and chisel

Votes: 12 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make dual screens work one way or another. From what I've seen, you can add another videocard that isn't in SLI (assuming you have a board with 3x PCI-E slots) and configure it to support 2 additional monitors. I've also seen EVGA offer some solution where you can connect your monitor to a USB adapter and actually get another screen that way. It's not the easiest thing to do but I know I've heard stories of people getting it to work.

sounds familiar.

basicly what someone has already said. add a extra card to power your extra LCDs.

i would look more into the issue of your comp not working with the big screen you got. has to be a configuration setting in the TV that is not allowing it.

on my 32 inch, my DVI port is input 7, but my LCD defaults to input 4, which is a HDMI. i also have a gaming mode which is also off the input 4 on the TV. so i use a HDMI with a DVI adapter going to input 4 on the TV.

havent had any issues at all

DSC02413.jpg

19 inch Syncmaster 931bf and a 17 inch Syncmaster 731b
combined cost of 125 dollars. Got to love good friends and craigslist ( the 19 was 50 bucks lawls)

21" cornerstone CRT dated back to 1996.....does 1600x1200 75hz and still has a great picture. Id buy an lcd, but 24" or bigger is the only way ill go and im cheap lol.

Alright, here it is. My desktop replacement (complete with panic button):

p9280027hg3.jpg

And the 32", only use this for movies since this laptop only has an 8600m GS:

p9280028pe9.jpg

Ive been looking at one of those Hannspree/HannsG 28 inch LCD's for a while.How do you like yours so far?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

nightelph thats an insane setup
I love it. The colors are good, there is no lag when I'm gaming and I have no issues with it like dead or stuck pixels. It is very bright right out of the box but thats really the only thing I have adjusted on it. The only con is that it really doesnt power off when windows sends the power off, it pops up a connection box. I have read lots of people all up in arms over it and taking them back just for that To me its just a minor thing that I just push the power button at night.

About a month ago I got an LG 26" W2600-HP and today I got another one for some dual view S-IPS goodness :D

I unpacked it and checked for dead pixels - there were none :) and then put it back in its box, tommorow I'll be going by LG's service center to get it flashed to the latest firmware ;)

I will post photos tommorow, right now I'm thinking of removing the stands and installing the monitors on the wall in front of my desk...

As promised, here a couple of crappy photos of my (temporary) setup:

desk1nn6.jpg

desk2wu1.jpg

And yes, the keyboard is almost as old as I am, I have the monitors hooked up to the s939 system on my sig.

Very pimp setup, Sil. Yea that keyboard is dated, but you 48" SIPS display setup is quite impressive.

I got a 24" Dell E248WFP and a 22" Samsung 220WM

I really hate this mismatched resolution. I want to replace the Samsung 22 with either a Dell 2408WFP or the cheaper 2007FP non widescreen 20". I figure the 20 could be used with my current 24, and later with a 30 in portrait mode.

Acer 22in I got on the cheap - 1680x1050 which makes me now hate any resolution lower than that. Plugged into my HP usually (when it's not away for repair...) which usually does 1440x900 on its 17in screen.

Ideally I'd like a 24in CRT with an insane resolution but I don't have the desk space for it!

When I have the cash I'd love to replace it with a 32in 1080p HDTV, but, "when I have the cash" is at an indeterminable time in the future.

Pic pending if I can find one...

EDIT: Found one!

dscf0222ct6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back