• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
be glad it wasnt one of the old delta black label fans. had one take the whole end of a finger off once, wasnt pretty

It's actually not a gouge. It's a hot spot. PCB is melted, that and the blown out cap. It saw a tough life between me and Jon.
Sorry bout your loss Scotty but that just gives me more of an opportunity in the CP challenge with my lowly 6000+ :muahaha:

They seem to stop spinning. I had to take apart, clean and lube them to keep them going for a few more days.

I've only ever had that happen on one of my Yate Loon's. The intake fan in front of my graphics card.

Opened up my case a while back to clean it up and remove dust, and then realized that one of my fans wasn't spinning.

Took it apart, cleaned the shaft and bearing area, lubed with 3-in-1 motor oil and reassembled.

That was probably four or five months ago and the fan still works. Though I did replace that fan with a quieter one a few months ago, now that fan is on my test bench.

I've probably got at least a half-dozen YL fans though, and that's the only one that ever stopped spinning due to dirt buildup in the sleeve bearing.

I have no freaking idea. Just suddently shut down. Seems like my memory was not to happy about it either.

RMA'ed the CPU and Memory. Got new back (upgraded to 4790k while on it)

Today I tought I will check something on GB Z97X-SOC which I wasn't using for maybe 2 months ... and it's dead. After last benching I put it in the box and that's all. It will be 2nd RMA for this board.

Yes. I'm sure there will be a few pleased people. :D

They'll be dancing in the aisles if I ever toast my 165 chip - Sorry guys but that ain't happening so easily.
BUT if it's gotta go, it's going out kamikaze-style..... :escape:

On a sidenote, for some reason the Opty 170 I picked up recently quit working.
Was doing OK with zero symptoms of a problem when removed from the system. The next time I tried it, no sign of life at all.

Yeah those intels sure seem to be finicky little buggers. What were you doing R15?

Back