• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, looks like I'm screwed then.

The serial number sticker is gone, looks like the glue de-laminated and it fell off at some point. Don't know where it's at, so couldn't say what the serial number is/was.

there is also question if shipping costs aren't higher than memory price :p ... I see some kits so cheap on auctions right now ...

Wait this thread is a thing? Oh I'm in...

MSI K7N2-Delta with an AXP 2000+ blew the PWM section with a long lasting heavy overclock
MSI K9A2-Platinum, ate a PCI-e slot before it was cool, then fried the rest of the board with DICE and one of many AX2's
Athlon X2 7750, killed the memory controller on this while using DICE on some old school D9's. Apparently 3.5vdimm+stock vcore is bad
Asus M4A78T-e, killed about 3 of these with DICE/phenom II's
Asus Crosshair III, killed about 5 of these with DICE/phenom II's
Phenom II 945BE ES, 2 or so of these
Phenom II 945B, 1 of these too long with too many volts
HD3870X2, just old and hot?
GTX295 dual PCB, had to bake it to get it running and it died about a year later for the same reason
HD4850 (or 3), too much voltage?
Asus Crosshair V F, DICE all the things

I also have a pile of s754 stuff that is dead, but that is too much to list.

Just did an RMA for my crippled 6700k, the damn thing will only run in single channel mode. This is the second 6700k to do this, the first one eventually died. :mad:

Just did an RMA for my crippled 6700k, the damn thing will only run in single channel mode. This is the second 6700k to do this, the first one eventually died. :mad:

With that gem you have now, that'll just go up for sale won't it?

FYI, that's for system RAM init failure. Usually means a loose stick or a bad slot...

1 long + 3 short = memory error, 1 long + 2 short = vga as I said ( I had to dig to 2015 to check what this post was about )

btw. 1200W PCP&C 90+ Plat PSU just died ... or maybe has some serious issues and I'm not sure what is it. It's randomly shutting down and sometimes is acting like it's restarting 2-3 times.
btw2. I still have ASRock X99M Killer 3.1 in RMA

Killed my only mechanical keyboard last night.

Don't know if you could call it benching.

Plugged it in, backlight started flickering, now it isn't even recognized by any PC. Attempted to fix with soldering iron after taking it apart and seeing a bad solder joint on the PCB, conditions did not improve. Stick a fork in it, it's done. Or maybe some lead when it gets warmer.

Guess I'll go looking for another Logitech G710+.

The only thing I've ever killed was the voltage sensor on an old 775 mobo. It was interesting to see voltage readings in the BILLIONS of volts...:)

I just killed and resurrected a 500GB HDD while flushing my loop! :D

Well, you know, it was a bit damp, so I thought WGAF? Let's turn it on!

I made a long moaning complaint like "Swee...Sweeeee... Sweeeeee... Sweeeeeeee..." and gone, disappeared from Bios and Disk manager.

But then, after a prayer to the Lord, and a few beers to get a clear mind, cleansed of all sinner thought, I plugged it again and it restarted!! Alleluia!!!

Killed my only mechanical keyboard last night.

Don't know if you could call it benching.

Plugged it in, backlight started flickering, now it isn't even recognized by any PC. Attempted to fix with soldering iron after taking it apart and seeing a bad solder joint on the PCB, conditions did not improve. Stick a fork in it, it's done. Or maybe some lead when it gets warmer.

Guess I'll go looking for another Logitech G710+.
Possible to bake it TT?

Possible to bake it TT?

Wouldn't help. Accidentally desoldered a surface mounted capacitor when I was attempting to fix the bad joint, then while attempting to resolder that to the board I melted the copper pad that it solders to (iron too hot, or stayed in one place too long while I was trying to get the solder to hold (or both)). Now it's even more dead than it was before. It had two capacitors soldered together in that area, was trying to fix that too, but it only got worse. Backlight randomly flashes now and system gives error message saying a USB device is unrecognized.

New PCB is the only option now.

Wouldn't help. Accidentally desoldered a surface mounted capacitor when I was attempting to fix the bad joint, then while attempting to resolder that to the board I melted the copper pad that it solders to (iron too hot, or stayed in one place too long while I was trying to get the solder to hold (or both)). Now it's even more dead than it was before. It had two capacitors soldered together in that area, was trying to fix that too, but it only got worse. Backlight randomly flashes now and system gives error message saying a USB device is unrecognized.

New PCB is the only option now.
Ahhh sounds like it is indeed DOA!

Back