• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7300 GT problem maybe? Won't boot to desktop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Recently I visited one of my friends about his troubles with his computer.

He states that he was just listening to music and checking his email when his screen went blurry like, his music kept playing but the screen would get really blurry then just shut off and a BSOD would post.

Unfortunitly he didn't read what the BSOD said and just rebooted. He would boot up fine till he got to the Windows Xp splash screen (loading bar) and it would just go blank after that. His monitor wouldn't turn off or anything it was just black.

We booted in safe mode all the way to the desktop with ease but, when you are not in safe mode it wont get past that black screen.

Do you think his video card crapped out or, maybe he just needs to reformat? He said he reformatted about a month ago so I am not sure.

The only info I have is..

Operating system - Windows Xp Media Edition (all up to date)
Video card - 7300 (stock clocks)

..As I was in a rush to leave.

I am going back tomorrow to get other info.

I also would like to know what things I should be looking for or testing out so I can narrow down what the problem is. I am not real experienced in trouble shooting graphics cards so when I go over there I can get as much done as possible.

Thank you in advanced.

Back