• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

harlam, please remove me from contest!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head I would like to be removed from the OCF independence day folding contest. I just got home after working 3 days and apparently when I left I forgot to turn on my AC. Since we have had nearly 100*F temps around here lately my place was like an oven when I got home, my Q6600 simply overheated and just shut off, fortunately I had thermal protection enabled. :bang head However my water cooled setup which is in my sig below rebooted and loaded the GPU client. This is a problem because I have not run the GPU client for some time now since it keeps posting errors and sending completed work units to Stanford without actually doing any work. I just checked my stats on EOC and noticed a 2000+ WU increase without any point increase. Needless to say I'm pretty ****ed. Obviously this is not a fair way to accumulate any WU's so please do not count me in for the contest. Sorry fellas.:bang head

Well, I seem to have a few issues with my Q6600, I guess it really didn't like the heat as much. I did however uninstall the GPU client from my main rig, so that should not be an issue anymore. I just didn't want to get credit for something that I didn't earn, but I will keep on folding!:beer:

it keeps posting errors and sending completed work units to Stanford without actually doing any work.

I feel your pain; early in GPU folding one of my x1900xtx's up and decided to trash one WU after another...to the tune of 2800 plus WU's. As I was @work on a 12 hour shift, all I could do was to watch the stats pile up 1 point for each trashed WU. :screwy:

metloaf- sorry, I just caught this... please PM me directly in the future with such requests. ;)

If you would still like to participate I can make an exception in your case, especially since you're being open and honest about the situation.

What I can do is the following... subtract 6/8 WU totals (821 based on my numbers in comparison with EOC) from your total WU count for the contest. The way my stats updates are setup I can't do this on the fly, so as I update progress you will see the inordinate number of WUs throughout the contest. This adjustment would be made at the end before final entry calculations.

Let me know what you'd like to do... removal would obviously be simpler, but since you just got caught in a bad situation and were honest about it I'll certainly allow you to continue with the adjustment.

Last edited:
Thats sounds great. I would still like to be part of the contest I just need to get my Q6600 back up and running again. I haven't had it up since this happened. I also noticed that Stanford was only accepting WUs from my PS3 after this incident. I will see what I can do about that. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this. I don't really care if I win, I just want to see our stats get higher. :beer:

Back