• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero 6(?) problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

I am trying to burn Ubuntu but every time I open Nero StartSmart, Express, Or even drive speed it will just close with no error messages or warnings. I can't even copy a CD with this problem :bang head Any solutions?

EDIT: Also, it did this before my format and reinstall of xp.

Last edited:
uninstall then reinstall fresh, and if you have a Registry editor run that before reinstall of Nero and maybe upgate to Nero 8 if you have a Sata drive

When you remove Nero 6 use the clean tool from nero.com and run that restart your PC then download CCleaner and install that do a registory check and it will remove any un needed reg entries. You'll find that the clean tool dosnt always find them this is like a back up for that problem.

Then as suggested reinstall Nero 6 and patch it 6.6.1.15 I think is the latest and last patch also you could maybe upgrade to Nero 7 like me it's acutally ok if you customize the install and have good amount of memory and fast overall system.

I wouldn't go to Nero 8 even worse bloatware and apparently has DRM inside it.

Back