• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Darn PS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Well I went to check my stats on extreme overclocking today and saw my production was down. I know the PS3 really has been going through WUs like mad lately. So I checked, I got one of those big 1,000,000 frame wus. The problem was at the bottom the ps3 said network error! This thing had been working flawlessly 24/7 (we dont watch bluray or play it due to 360) for 2 weeks.

Naturally I was annoyed since now I missed the deadline for that big wu. I have the ps3 connected to the wireless which is maybe 5ft away w/o walls. So I went back to the ps3's network settings then it froze.:bang head Rebooted and some reason the wireless still wont connect, even with my same settings. I also tryed re-entering them too, so now its on the wire (borrowed off my tivo..).

Is there any issues with the wifi on the ps3s?

Oh and its working on another big fat wu again. :beer: It just sucks losing one.

I had been folding on my PS3 for about a year and a half, up until I just recently moved. It had been using wifi for the connection and never had a single problem, aside from an ISP mistake. I have recently taken it offline because I now have to pay the power bill, and want to see how it is before going back online with it. Even being in a different room with walls in between, so far the only wifi problem I had was with one of the PC's. All I had to do was replace the antennas on my WRT54G with some 7 dbi gain models I found at my local Radio Shack, and all was good. I have read of some problems with the PS3's as of lately, but I think they were mostly related to the BD drive.

Are you sure you missed the deadline. On p4044_supervillin_StillGBSA_AM03 the deadline is 20 days.

Are you sure you missed the deadline. On p4044_supervillin_StillGBSA_AM03 the deadline is 20 days.

Hmmm, hopefully it sent. When I started the client after rebooting it went right to work on the next one and I didnt see anything about the old one..:(

Time will tell, I guess.

And I got it on the wifi again. I dunno why it wouldnt work earlier but it worked a bit ago. :screwy:

If your that close get a switch and leave it wired. Not sending finished work is hideously frustrating.

I would but wood floors dont leave me room to run wires, it would have to cross a main walk way at my place.. And I would be afraid if a roommate would trip on it.

Back