• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2226bw wont switch from analog to digital?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright thank you for all the help Rinne and Nebulous. I appreciate it very much.

Not a problem, that's what we're here for. Once you get the cable, just disconnect the VGA one, hook up the DVI one, and then hit AUTO on the monitor. It should kick right over to Digital and viola you're set.

If you run into any issues give me a holla ;)

The only thing that wouldn't fit was if you had a DVI-I cable, but a DVI-D port on the monitor..

Out of these, which pin count does the monitor have, and which does the cable have? (only the four pins around the long flat pin count, do they have it, or does just one part have them?)

277px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

[EDIT]
Again you were faster, am I typing so slow, or are you just so fast?? :D

It would appear that the port is dvi-D single link but the cable is dviD dual link

OK, now that confuses me...

I didn't know there were monitors out there that were actually reduced to a Single Link port....

Actually, my 226BW has a DVI-D Dual Link capable port (at least the pin holes are there, don't know if they actually work), while the delivered cable is only single Link...

Usually DVI-Ports should be that compatible..

Would you mind showing photos of your monitors connector panel?

Also, do you have a 226bw, or 2226bw? As I can't find a 2226bw anywhere (It's a Samsung I suppose?)

its a 226bw it was just a typo. This dual link DVI cable is even too big for the port. It is too wide. I suppose if you still want to see them i can send you the pics of it.

please post pictures of it...this doesnt sound right

i have a 226bw, and it has one 15pin vga, and one DVI plug. i am having a hard time understanding where the dvi is too big for the dvi plugin

New cable works great besides the fact that there is no grip on the screws on the cable head.

Back