• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 280 in the UK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want one now, as one of my cards has gone for RMA :(

I found out there is a EVGA gtx280 FTW, which is now the best factory OC more so than SSC. I will try to find it in the UK. If anyone knows where I can find one for UK I will appreciate it, I really want two of these.

EVGA GTX280 FTW clock speeds:

Core: 670Mhz
Shader: Not entirely sure
Memory: 2430Mhz = 155.5GB/s bandwidth

There's another clocked one, the ZOTAC GTX280 AMP! Edition

- GPU: 700MHz,
- Shader: 1400MHz
- Memory: 2300MHz

And the eVGA GTX280 FTW has a 1458MHz shader clock.

A single GX2 is often faster than a single GTX 280, and do you really want to pay £150 more for something that's not any faster??

Plus buying a GTX 280 won't do good things for your credibility.

I am only 17. I don't have any bills to pay or anything. I earn £600 per month which isn't too bad for still being in full time education. I have no clue what EVGA will send to replace the 8800gts SSC, i hope it isn't a SC/KO/normal one or I will complain to them saying how my performanced drop :p
I might go ATi considering the prices are so much better. 2 4870x2's sound nice...

I was seriously considering going for the 280 as well until I read about what was new in the GPU. Yes the 280 is fast but there is no way it worth spending close to £500 for a gpu that does not even play crysis at HD with fps of 60 (with or without SLI). I am looking at ati/amd and see what they bring out. Plus its only a matter of time before 2xx price drops in a few weeks because of ati.

I am a big fan of 8 series which is without a doubt the best gpu since the 68xx series allowed us to play CSS at decent frame rates while looking good.

I'll wait for Bloomfield Intel Quad and see what gpu's are available...plus the 8xxx series / 9xxx series play games pretty well and are way cheaper.

Just my thoughts :)

If anyone cant tell me where the EVGA FTW is being sold in the UK I would be happy :D I am going to order myself one for now, and one later.

Back