• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running a 512K Tualatin in a TUSL2-C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has tried running the 1266/512 and/or 1133/512 in a TUSL2-C. I'm considering buying one of these two CPUs after the Intel price drop later this month.

Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated. Thanx.

Dude, i have PIII1.26, and i am considering buying a tsul2-c, but i have to know, does it have 1/5 or 1/6 dividers? and have u tried to oc with its onboard sound? i mean, can the onboard sound chip handle high fsb?

tainice said:
Dude, i have PIII1.26, and i am considering buying a tsul2-c, but i have to know, does it have 1/5 or 1/6 dividers? and have u tried to oc with its onboard sound? i mean, can the onboard sound chip handle high fsb?

it only has 1/4 dividers and those dont kick in till 133fsb...

tainice said:

Onboard sound will maybe act funny at 133fsb but it may not but usually problems occur when beyond 133fsb.

it only has 1/4 dividers and those dont kick in till 133fsb...

-------

That's a good thing. I can't imagine why you'd want to divide by 4 *below* 133... :)

Yep, TUSL2 = onboard sound and TUSL2-C = no onboard sound.

With my 1000EB in this board, I've gone up to 160FSB where my Philips AE becomes unstable. Surprisingly, the old Adaptec SCSI controller remains fine.

Word seems to be that the TUSL2-C is not the best choice for OCing Tuallys; the Gigabyte board seems to be the first choice if OCing is a priority. Still waitin' for the price drop... :cool:

Actually, i was ****ed off by my Gigabyte XET-C, for it is a rather buggy board....that'z why i was considering buyinga new board that is reliable such as those made by Asus or Abit. However, none of Asus and Abit boards support 1/5 divider that i was looking forward, so i will remain with my XET-C. And it is not a choice if you can tolerate the "cannot shut down" problem, beside, it is memory performance is amazing! it equals or surpasses my BX board!

The restart problem is not a fault with the Gigabyte mobo, it is a fault with the chipset and 'all' 815 based mobo's are prone to it (remember the cold boot problem some had with the CUSL2 mobo's)....It happens mostly with chips that are not able to post at their overclocked speed at default voltage....

Vid pinning fixes the problem and, basically, ALL 815EPb chipset Tualatin compatible mobos require some sort of vid pinning when on the edge....

The Gigabyte is a fantastic mobo and blaming it for the resetting fault is not only groundless but can, as I have said many times before, be fixed quite easily....

Back