Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: crysis problems

  1. #1
    Registered whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

    crysis problems

    hi, i have intel pentium dual core e2160 @1,80Ghz, Nvidia 8600gt 512 mb, 2GB ddr2 800 single slot. I have instaled crysis but i cant play it right, its so slow and bad, what is the problem. people playing crysis on nvidia 8600gt. what do I need to upgrade for better performance in crysis my processor or my graficks???

  2. #2
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Banned Camp
    Minimum specs for Crysis are supposed to be 2.8 ghz for XP or 3.2 ghz for Vista. There is your problem.

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Malpine Walis View Post
    Minimum specs for Crysis are supposed to be 2.8 ghz for XP or 3.2 ghz for Vista. There is your problem.
    No.
    The numbers you mention are for Pentium 4 processors. His processor is better than minimum requirements, but not enough for recommended.

    http://www.crysisdemo.com/crysis-sys...quirements.htm


    OP:
    What's your settings? With an 8600GT, medium are the best settings. Turning down shader and shadows will improve performance quite a bit.
    Your processor could be better, you will see an increase in performance if you upgrade to Core2Duo with 2.2 Ghz or more.

  4. #4
    Registered whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    i have overclocked my processor to 2,20 ghz but there is no some big difference, and my settings are on medium level,ok l will upgrade to better processor

  5. #5
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Banned Camp
    Don't whip out the credit card just yet. I got my numbers from support.ea.com but I missed the line about the C2 proc.

    Try turning everything down to minimum and then turn one item at a time to medium. Whichever one causes the problem is the one you need to keep the lowest.

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If you have OC'd it to 2,2 Ghz, I really don't think you should buy a new CPU. Because then you have what's recommended.

  7. #7
    Member PhysX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    its the video card, whether it meets specs or not, it doesn't have the chug that the game needs to get going.
    ASUS P8P67 DLX | Core i7 2600k @ 5200Mh - CM Hyper 212+ | 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600| 2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB CrossFireX | 2 X WD Black 500GB HW-Raid 0 - 2 X WD GREEN 1.5TB (EARS) HW-RAID 1 | Corsair AX 1200

  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysX View Post
    its the video card, whether it meets specs or not, it doesn't have the chug that the game needs to get going.

    Not true.
    Crysis ran okay for me at medium/high settings with the 8600GT 256 mb.
    With high, I mean no real stuttering except in the end.

    I don't know if the OP's standards are too high maybe. The game may feel a bit unresponsive with an 8600GT, maybe that's what he means.


    OP:
    You should also run the game with lower resolutions. Higher than 1024x1028 is not really a good idea with 8600GT.

  9. #9
    Old Member rainless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CHI-Town Love is alive in Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardvahn View Post
    If you have OC'd it to 2,2 Ghz, I really don't think you should buy a new CPU. Because then you have what's recommended.
    He should buy a new CPU anyway: The 2160 is a joke. That's the "tide-me-over" CPU my best friend decided to stick with: Ergo he doesn't play PC games anymore.

    Never been a better time to shop for CPUs than right now. I've seen E8400s for 149.99

    So if the op HAS the money... he should upgrade.

    If he DOESN'T have the money... he should just switch to medium and drop the resolution down to 800x600 or something.
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yeah, the processor is not the best, but it's a bit overexaggerating to stop playing games because of it. It is even by today's standard an okay CPU, the processor market is way ahead of the game requirements. You have gotten me curious: what games wasn't he able to play because of the 2160?

    The OP already said he runs the game at medium. Question is if he cranks up the resolution or not, thus giving worthless performance.

  11. #11
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Banned Camp
    Remember also that that proc has the 1MB L2 cache. So even with the OC, it will be an under performer. I stand by my earlier recommendation to turn everything down, see what happens and fiddle with the settings to see what performance you can get out of it.

  12. #12
    Member Dan0512's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Switzerland
    Your CPU is going to hold you back only if you plan on getting more than 30 Fps, which might not be possible with 8600gt.

    Anyway, install the game patches which improve performance noticeable, if you haven't done so already.

    dan
    HP8530W on Arch Linux

    Own a 7900gto? Flash and memory Vmod instructions here
    ADO

  13. #13
    Leviathan41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    @Home, Folding
    Make sure you have the latest Crysis 1.2 patch installed, it improved performance quite a bit in some systems.

  14. #14
    nightelph's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Heatware Profile
    There are also some ini tweakes you can do over at TweakGuides.
    OP: What resolution are you trying to play at?
    +1 on a new proc if you've got the dough.
    Ivy Quad, Asus Z77
    GTX670, Vertex4 256GB
    Dell 2408WFP, Mackie MR5 Monitors
    Heat

  15. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If he wants to upgrade to get better performance in Crysis, it's more the GPU that should be changed. That will make a bigger impact undoubtedly.

    And about that RAM. I don't know, but doesn't 2048 mb one-slot memory give much less performance than using two slots?

  16. #16
    try turning down Post processing to its lowest level in the graphics settings. This usually helps the frame rate.


    But i think you should try tweaks like this until you decide to go out and spend more $$. Many pc's struggle to play this game and imho I dont think its worth throwing out cash just for this game. The graphics are great, but thats it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Desktop
    Intel i5 2500K @ 4.8ghz
    Corsair H70
    Asus P8P67
    G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    EVGA GTX 570, Dell 2005 fpw and Dell 2007 fpw
    Intel X25-M 80GB, 500gb WD Storage

  17. #17
    Old Member rainless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CHI-Town Love is alive in Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardvahn View Post
    Yeah, the processor is not the best, but it's a bit overexaggerating to stop playing games because of it. It is even by today's standard an okay CPU,
    You're wrong. MY processor (a B2) is "okay" by today's standards. I've got twice the level 2 cache and... with the right cooling... I can hit 4ghz. That's the new "okay."

    He basically has the new "celeron" (although I believe there's a new celeron, too... which is old now).

    And I didn't say he should stop gaming (my best friend is also a bit of a stubborn ASS who makes excuses) I said, if he can afford it... he should upgrade.

    Because "not okay" today will be "below minimum requirements" tomorrow. Somewhere in the cold distance there are some hit PC games coming out (Fallout 3, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3... to name a few) You'd kinda want to be on top of the performance curve...
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202

  18. #18
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rainless View Post
    You're wrong. MY processor (a B2) is "okay" by today's standards. I've got twice the level 2 cache and... with the right cooling... I can hit 4ghz. That's the new "okay."

    He basically has the new "celeron" (although I believe there's a new celeron, too... which is old now).

    And I didn't say he should stop gaming (my best friend is also a bit of a stubborn ASS who makes excuses) I said, if he can afford it... he should upgrade.

    Because "not okay" today will be "below minimum requirements" tomorrow. Somewhere in the cold distance there are some hit PC games coming out (Fallout 3, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3... to name a few) You'd kinda want to be on top of the performance curve...
    A Core2Duo at 4 ghz is the new "okay"? That's a weird statement, I would rather call it overkill. As I said, processors are way ahead of other hardware when it comes to game requirements.

    You didn't name any games that couldn't run on his friends computer because of the CPU...

    Sometime there will be games that demand more than the current processors, yes. So why not upgrade to a new processor when that time comes, because today we can't say what the requirements will be in the future.
    The future-proof argument is quite valid when buying a new computer, but in this case he already has a processor that's okay at the moment.


    This is off-topic anyway. We're talking his problems with Crysis.
    Last edited by Ardvahn; 06-24-08 at 12:25 PM.

  19. #19
    Member Cheator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Not sure why people keep thinking the 8600GT can't play it, or plays it slow. Its clearly not the problem here. My laptop plays Crysis at about 32 FPS at 1280x800 with some settings on high. It has an 8600GT 512 mb.

    It also doesn't seem to be the CPU since my x2 3800 1.8ghz does an ok job at crysis, and this chip is faster clock for clock.
    Optimus (Main): Antec P180, Asus P5Q-E, E8400, 4 GB G.Skill PC8000, ATI 4850, Seagate 320gb, Antec TrueControl II
    Teletraan I (htpc): Asus M2N-E, X2 4400+, 2 GB DDR2, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 1.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w
    Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 4200+ X2, 2GB DDR2, ATI 2900xt, Seasonic 500w
    Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, Nvidia 8600m GT, 250gb hdd
    Gears: Asus Eee PC 701, 1 GB DDR, Win XP

    My Heatware!
    "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together." - Malpine Walis

  20. #20
    Member Hardin's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sumter, South Carolina
    No one has asked him what his framerates are. He is probably expecting more than the 8600 gt will give. And a 4ghz Core 2 duo is certainly more than just "okay". 3ghz is very fast for most games. His cpu is slower than core 2 duos but I don't think it's the major bottleneck here.
    cpu-Intel Core i7 3770k
    ram-G.Skill 2x4gb DDR3-1600
    gpu-Radeon HD 7950
    motherboard-Asus P8Z68-V LE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •