• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crysis problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This would only usually cause stuttering, or bus floods. When I had a bandwidth problem on UT2k4, my mouse would stop working on me, but the game would still be fine. It wouldn't make it really slow, just choppy.

Slow, choppy, not much difference imo.

I didn't even know MSI made power supplies. Does your computer randomly shut off. That is usually a sign of a bad power supply.

His motherboard seems okay. I can't see him having problems if he got a new video card and CPU. Single channel ram be damned.

I didn't even know MSI made power supplies. Does your computer randomly shut off. That is usually a sign of a bad power supply.

whats wrong with my power supply, NO it is not bad, and my computer has never shut off, what are you talking about, we are talking about games problems not hardware malfunctions

whats wrong with my power supply, NO it is not bad, and my computer has never shut off, what are you talking about, we are talking about games problems not hardware malfunctions

The issue is thati t could be a bottleneck. If its not supplying enough power. This can cause slow downs and even damage your equipment.

Chill I didn't say anything about it being a bad psu I just said I didn't know MSI made psus.

While I won't admit that the 2160 is a 'joke' of a processor, I know for damn sure it isn't the greatest. That aside, you need to overclock it some more, whiteshark. while 2.2 is faster than the 1.8 it came at, it's ONLY 400mhz, which might get an average of 1-2 more fps***. Even using the stock cooler, you should easily get that red-headed step child to 2.7-2.8, and 3.0 is feasible with little or no addition to vcore. Overall, you might pick up 3-5 fps from running it at stock speeds, but it's something.

Beyond that, you need to whip that 8600GT until it's giving you 110%. Overclock that too, mine would run 650 on the core without artifacting any games, but I could do 690 in ATITool. If you feel up to flashing it's BIOS with some more voltage, you could probably break 700 pretty easily. Your vmem is already running what mine did, but I'm sure you can push a little out of it too.

Overclocking both of these isn't going to let you play crysis on high settings by any means, but you should pick up a handful of frames I'd guess. If you still decide you need to upgrade something, I'd highly suggest it be your video card. 8800GT 512's are getting cheap, and the HD 4850's are pretty cheap for the performance too.

***The fps estimates are based on my own observations of the chip while running 3dmark06 with an 8600GT 256mb, not crysis, and not with my 8800gt. I'll run a crysis demo with the 8800 as soon as it finished downloading.

EDIT:
Well, I keep crashing out of it, but I'm getting high 30's into low 40's for my average frames with the 8800gt. All settings on high, 1280x1024, no AA. About what I expected really, but I'd have to lower some settings and get above 45-50 minimum fps for it to match my requirements of playability. The game looks like it could be good, but I still wouldn't drop any coin on it personally.

Last edited:
Back