• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Deluxe xp install issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

bios revision 1901, e6400, original 4x1gb, removed 3 of them when problems cropped up.

I have a thread going here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5684927&posted=1#post5684927

about an issue I really need some help with. The short version is - after the initial install phase for windows xp (first boot to cd, inspecting your hardware, delete the only partition on the only drive, install on that drive, setup is copying files, setup will now reboot) after the reboot it wants to do that first phase over and over again, rather than moving on to phase 2. I've tried different combinations of different ide cdrom/dvd drives, harddrives, and cables, with the same results.

I'm posting this here because I know when I browse the forums I frequently don't view EVERY section, and I'm hoping someone here might have direct experience with a wonky P5W DH install issue.

eh its probably not the bios... have you tried a different copy or cd of xp? i have never had a prob installing any os on my p5wdh... I did have this problem once before and it was due to the IDE hd being in a certain mode (this was on an older mobo) so you might try setting the defaults in the bios and going from there.

Back