Another car question, Older car, mabe older experence? ('77 celica)

alright on craigs list there is a car thats tempting me, decent price. if its the car near by me then its in decent shape, its gotta few things wrong though (of course) i'll "quote" the listing:

Quote Originally Posted by 1977 Celica Ad
    1977 Toyota Celica GT Fastback - $500

I am selling my 1977 celica. IT has good tires and nice wheels, the body is straight, with the only rust in the trunk. It runs and drives, has a weber 32/36 carb, but the carb ACC pump needs replacing, as it is not delivering enough fuel. I also believe it needs a new battery. Interior is good, dash pad is cracked. Clutch is good, and all gears shift smooth. I am taking a huge loss at this price as I am moving soon and need to get it sold. No pics at this time, as the camera is lost. Please give me a call @ 123-456-7890 Anytime!

This item has been posted by-owner.
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

alright i guess only one or 2 things wrong i thought there was more, battery is a no brainer, i havent herd much about wiring being a problem in these things.
    the ACC pump on the carb, its a webber carb theyre a little more expencive, whats it going to cost to fix it (i.e. me buy parts to fix it)?
    also does any one know about the reliability of the rest of the engine on these? if its a 22R then yea i know its great but i dont really know what came in them to begin with.

for this sort of thing i dont have much experence with carbs, older (late 70's early 80's) FI is where i know enough to tune the AFM and vaccum pressure and get decent Milage/Performance out of something.

also what do you think overall about the car?
    Phenom II "X6 1605T" @ 3.00Ghz
    Sythe Yasa 6 Pipe Cooler
    Biostar TA890FXE
    16Gig G.SKILL Ripjaws 9-9-9-25 2T 667Mhz
    MSI R7870 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC
    Seagate 320Gig 7200.11
    Seagate 1024Gig 7200.14
    OCZ Stealth X Stream 600
    LG LightScribe DVD Burner

Overclockers Team Content Editor
    I say go check it out, and make sure you lay down and look under the car for rust also.

It also is possible that the car has a vacuum leak, and its not the ACC pump. I had a rubber cap that was leaking air, off of the main engine block, and when I replaced that cap I found out how lean the it had been running. Not only did I get a modest performance increase, I also lost some gas millage .
    Build!.Borg!.Recruit!.Folding.for.Team.32!
    Gigabyte P35-DS3R, E6300, 2x512MB Team Group DDR2 667, EVGA 7800GT Heat

Want to run the folding@home gpu client in linux?
    www.linuxfah.info

Your teacher is a dumbass. The equation is exact. ~Frodo Baggins
    Damn....It's 12:00 AM and I thought my 805 would be a magic pumkin and turn into a conroe.........boy was I fooled:) ~Stilletto
    This is what I get for not only being a newb, but also disregarding instructions! ~ShadowPho
    I hate women... but im not gay lol. ~MrCrowley
    Love can fade but knowledge stays forever (unless you develop alzheimers). ~Constantinos

cool i'll remember that.

any one else know any thing about these?
    Phenom II "X6 1605T" @ 3.00Ghz
    Sythe Yasa 6 Pipe Cooler
    Biostar TA890FXE
    16Gig G.SKILL Ripjaws 9-9-9-25 2T 667Mhz
    MSI R7870 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC
    Seagate 320Gig 7200.11
    Seagate 1024Gig 7200.14
    OCZ Stealth X Stream 600
    LG LightScribe DVD Burner

I know that there's a mobile mechanic in our area that checks out cars for like $60. I can't remember the guy's name but he's with car checkers of america. He's in the phonebook (I know, who uses those anymore?) but he's the second number listed for CCA. Hope this helps.