• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOLDERS! $70 8800 GT 256MB MIR @ the egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why you have to do this to me Nitteo...??? :mad:

must...... resist.....

btw guys, read the fine print!! "Limited to ONE rebate check per model and per person."!!

why you have to do this to me Nitteo...??? :mad:

must...... resist.....

btw guys, read the fine print!! "Limited to ONE rebate check per model and per person."!!

Nice catch!

I bought 3, one for me, my wife, and my baby daughter. lol

EDIT: BTW this is shorter than the rest of the 8800 GT 256mb by 1 inch(ish)

Nice catch!

I bought 3, one for me, my wife, and my baby daughter. lol

EDIT: BTW this is shorter than the rest of the 8800 GT 256mb by 1 inch(ish)
oh, just make sure you use a different address for each rebate just in case they will say one per household too....! (your business addy is fine!)

since they are only saying one model for one person, I'm wondering could my dog has 2 then?? :rolleyes: :D

with these kinda price, I'm really itchy to build a quad 8800GT monster folder-in-a-box with the recent added multi-gpu support, so I can cut down the box in the home farm......

Has anyone confirmed the PPD for a 8800GT on a 4x PCI-E lane yet?

I think the Asrock I have is 8x but I'll go find the specs right now. Oh... and its doing 4400ppd. I would bet that 4x won't make a smidgen of difference.

Also am I the only one leary of new wu's that will utilize more GPU Ram. Which would probably happen right after I bought 2 of these.

Also am I the only one leary of new wu's that will utilize more GPU Ram. Which would probably happen right after I bought 2 of these.

No, you're not the only one... but I went ahead with two XFX 8800GT 256MB cards I bought here in the classies... brand new I might add. :)

And... at this point we really don't know how much quantity of RAM plays into how well these proteins Fold... so far we've seen that OC'ing the RAM makes pretty much no difference in Folding speed... one could conclude based on that observation that video RAM isn't being highly utilized- at least at this point. ;)

Originally Posted by dfonda
(By H)No, you're not the only one... but I went ahead with two XFX 8800GT 256MB cards I bought here in the classies... brand new I might add. :)
I only got 1...that should loll Stanford into not trying to foil us.:D

Back