• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD4870/4850 Fan Speed Control/Increase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When i first installed my card and drivers i noticed that CCC allowed me to set fanspeed.

After i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, CCC doesnt even show fanspeed. What gives? I have noticed that rivatuner randomly resets fanspeed to "auto" instead of the 75% i set it at...

If its resetting to auto, that means the video driver is resetting. At least thats what happens with mine. If the drivers reset, the RT settings go back to default. Instead of totally crashing your computer, the driver resets itself, called a VPU recover.

Hey...has rivatuner got support for the 4870 yet?

i do believe it does.
and sadly, i dont believe this mod allows me to change the fan speed on my Gigabyte 512MB 4850 (which came stock with Zalman cooler), which is really quite lame, as it would be nice to be able to crank up the fan speed, get temps a little cooler. although i really shouldnt complain about temperatures, because even with a the overclock that ATI Overdrive put it at (+115Mhz GPU clock, +200Mhz Memory clock), it only increased my temperature at full load by 3c, from 51c->54c.

Back