Registered

Primochill Polypropylene UV Fittings

Just received these UV fittings from Performance PC, but they send me some wrong items.....these are pretty cool.....

And....got the XSPC X20 Xtreme Chipset Universal Water Block for Southbridge....It's abled to fit in my SLI setup.

Asus Crosshair Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2 Ghz D-Tek FuZion V2 CPU Water Block Mushkin 996533 4GB EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB X2 SLI Swiftech Stealth Extreme Duty G80 Rev 3 VGA Waterblock Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block SB Audigy Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB Swiftech MCP350 In-Line 12V DC Pump Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Water-block XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 20' 3/8" ID Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 Highest Performance Radiator Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel

10 Year Badge
    Nice! In that last pic that tubing doesn't look secure. I would'nt trust it like that.

<MEGA-O>
    ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 /i7 4790K De-Lid @ 4.7GHz
    16GB GSKILL Sniper F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR @ 2400
    H2O=XSPC Rasa Black / XSPC RX360 / MCP-655 D5 / MCRes
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB x2=Raid~0 / WD VelociRaptor 300GB
    Gigabyte GV-R797OC-3GD WF3 @ 1100/1500 w/ModBios
    Sony AD-7220S / Seagate 500GB / Lite On LH-16A1S
    SilverStone Zeus SST-ZM1350 1350w
    CM Cosmos 1000 / Win8.1 x64
    ** Under TITLE II, SECTION 210.340 it is legal to overclock **

Registered
    Yet...I know ...I'm using 3/8" tygon tube push in the 1/2 " barb...i'll use sone zip-tie to secure when all are done.......but my crosshair failed to post again.......

zip ties you better be joking

Registered
    I think you're new.....zip ties are used to secured fitting too....btw Tygon Laboratory Tubing has a Shore A Durometer of 55, which enables it to be slipped over fittings quickly and easily, and to grip securely. Its ability to bend readily to sharp radius curves speeds and simplifies laboratory set-ups.

I wouldn't trust zipties in my machine.

Registered
    it's pretty cool with LED lights?

It looks awsome, but i wouldn't trust zips either. I use these
    They're not the smallest clips but they work well. I'd rather use them than have a flooded pc and burnt out pump!
    Gigabyte MA790X-UD3P
    AMD Phenom II 940 X4, BE AM2+
    DTek V2 block , MCP 655 pump, XSPC res, XSPC 120x3 rad
    Maxi Temp Varicool water chiller, 2x Jyuni 120mm Fans
    Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR2 1066MHz
    2 x 160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
    MSI GeForce GTX 460 Cyclone 768MB GDDR5
    Windows 7 (64) Ultimate sp1 beta
    PSU: Zalman ZM 1000-HP

Those fittings are interesting. I haven't seen those before. I like the way they enable you to pass your tubing through the case with a 1/2" fitting. That XSPC block looks like it should be a great performer.

Tygon, while being very flexible, also softens some with time. It is therefore a good idea to put a clamp of some kind on it as it can work its way loose over time. I've taken to black plastic clamps of late mainly due to aesthetics, but the ones I am using are the double plastic clamps from mcmaster which seal very well.

Also, that type of elbow is very restrictive. It is much better to use plain old copper plumbing elbows as they have a smooth curved transition whereas the nylon elbows don't.

Registered
    Just received these UV barbs fittings from Performance which they sent me the wrong items last weeks. And I tested it on the Swiftech Micro.

No O-Ring. So far as good....no sign of leakage.

Registered
    I won't comment on how dangerous zip-ties are, but I will say I think your rig looks fantastic. The zip ties, however make it look... less fantastic.

Out of idle curiosity, what is the reasoning for using them when clamps are so cheap?

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by fa_strider View Post
    I won't comment on how dangerous zip-ties are, but I will say I think your rig looks fantastic. The zip ties, however make it look... less fantastic.

Out of idle curiosity, what is the reasoning for using them when clamps are so cheap?
    Just order these Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size F - Blue

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/heclnyhoclsi3.html

it's not that i don't want to use it, cos all my old clamps are difference sizes when I changed to the Tygon tube.

Registered
    My Parts are in...............very nice packaging from Enzotech compare to XSPC.............