• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primochill Polypropylene UV Fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hata28

Registered
Just received these UV fittings from Performance PC, but they send me some wrong items.....these are pretty cool.....

CIMG1946.jpg

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1952.jpg

And....got the XSPC X20 Xtreme Chipset Universal Water Block for Southbridge....It's abled to fit in my SLI setup.

CIMG1949.jpg

CIMG1948.jpg

CIMG1950.jpg

CIMG1954.jpg

276067139.png

Asus Crosshair Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2 Ghz D-Tek FuZion V2 CPU Water Block Mushkin 996533 4GB EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB X2 SLI Swiftech Stealth Extreme Duty G80 Rev 3 VGA Waterblock Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block SB Audigy Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB Swiftech MCP350 In-Line 12V DC Pump Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Water-block XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 20' 3/8" ID Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 Highest Performance Radiator Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel

Yet...I know ...I'm using 3/8" tygon tube push in the 1/2 " barb...i'll use sone zip-tie to secure when all are done.......but my crosshair failed to post again.......

I think you're new.....zip ties are used to secured fitting too....btw Tygon Laboratory Tubing has a Shore A Durometer of 55, which enables it to be slipped over fittings quickly and easily, and to grip securely. Its ability to bend readily to sharp radius curves speeds and simplifies laboratory set-ups.

It looks awsome, but i wouldn't trust zips either. I use these
They're not the smallest clips but they work well. I'd rather use them than have a flooded pc and burnt out pump!

Those fittings are interesting. I haven't seen those before. I like the way they enable you to pass your tubing through the case with a 1/2" fitting. That XSPC block looks like it should be a great performer.

Tygon, while being very flexible, also softens some with time. It is therefore a good idea to put a clamp of some kind on it as it can work its way loose over time. I've taken to black plastic clamps of late mainly due to aesthetics, but the ones I am using are the double plastic clamps from mcmaster which seal very well.

Also, that type of elbow is very restrictive. It is much better to use plain old copper plumbing elbows as they have a smooth curved transition whereas the nylon elbows don't.

Just received these UV barbs fittings from Performance which they sent me the wrong items last weeks. And I tested it on the Swiftech Micro.

CIMG1961.jpg

No O-Ring. So far as good....no sign of leakage.

CIMG1962.jpg

CIMG1963.jpg

CIMG1965.jpg

CIMG1964.jpg

I won't comment on how dangerous zip-ties are, but I will say I think your rig looks fantastic. The zip ties, however make it look... less fantastic.

Out of idle curiosity, what is the reasoning for using them when clamps are so cheap?

I won't comment on how dangerous zip-ties are, but I will say I think your rig looks fantastic. The zip ties, however make it look... less fantastic.

Out of idle curiosity, what is the reasoning for using them when clamps are so cheap?

Just order these Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size F - Blue

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/heclnyhoclsi3.html

it's not that i don't want to use it, cos all my old clamps are difference sizes when I changed to the Tygon tube.

Back