Heatware Profile

tRC = tRAS + tRP

I have 2x1gb of Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 4-4-4-12

I am getting some instability at DDR2-960 5-5-5-15

In SPD (EPP #2) it's rated at 500mhz, 5 (CAS)-5 (RAS to CAS)-5 (tRP)-15 (tRAS)-30 (tRP)-2T

Since my motherboard is not a nvidia board, I have to set the EPP settings manually.
    My motherboard (GA-EP35-DS3L) would not let me set tRC manually, so I looked it up on Google.

Apparently tRC = tRAS + tRP, but that is very strange, because the EPP first says tRAS = 15, tRP = 5, giving a tRC = 20, and then says tRC should be 30. How should I set it?

Thanks

Heatware Profile
    It seems like the formula is actually tRC >= tRAS + tRP as opposed to tRC = tRAS + tRP.

Can someone please confirm/correct it?

That makes sense, then.

Since tRC cannot be set on P35 boards (BIOS sets it automatically), to guarantee a minimal tRC of 30, I am running it at tRP = 8, tRAS = 22. Seems to be stable so far. Is it a good idea? (I increased those values by those amounts randomly)

btw, are memory modules guranteed to run at EPP settings? (can I RMA them if they don't?) Or are they just suggested OC settings that may not work?

Thanks

I set, cl, trcd, trp, tras, and leave everything else on auto. Also don't forget about setting voltage

Heatware Profile
    That's what I did, and it's unstable (at 2.2V, the maximum rated voltage).

I have to set the tRC (by setting tRP and tRAS) to get it stable.