• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gt bios voltage mod steps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackEdition

hey all,

thanks to henzo for some initial information about the effect of the mod...

i am getting ready to do the mod, and i have the utilities downloaded and ready to go. however, i am a bit fuzzy on the steps. i wanted to verify those steps...so i posted this thread...

1) i need a bootable usb key. i have an hp utility that will format a usb key to be bootable. i am pretty sure that i just run the file...maybe i should put it on the key and run it from there?

2) i need to read my base bios into a file, copy it to the key, and then read the modified bios with the increased 1.1V into a file and copy it to the key.

3) i need to copy the nvidia flash utility to the key

4) i need to boot to the key and enter the command "nvflash -4 -5 -6 filename.rom"

that is it right?

thanks!

yeah thats correct, however im not sure you need to include -4 -5 -6

I use gpu-z to save a version of the stock BIOS then use NiBiTor to edit the BIOS

im assuming you have a 8800gt....assuming that is....
here is what mine looked like
9abfe5ab5238b453149c1e84f35cb028.JPG

then save it and name it like volt.rom ....make sure its in rom format and not bin.

i used this to make my flash drive bootable
http://www.abitfaq.it/Files/drdflash.exe

then copy all the files...nvflash, the modded bios and the stock bios to a usb flash drive.

Back