• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800GTX 3dmark Vantage score question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

I just bought a 9800GTX and I was wondering if this seems low to anyone. Performance mode @ 1280x1024, 9800GTX overclocked to 750/1200

P6176

gpu: 6110
cpu:6382

Here is what I scored:

775/1938/1100

837/2068/1200

Seems like you are using the non-CUDA drivers...

Here you go:

thideras said:
Drivers:
I get my drivers from LaptopVideo2Go.com. He does a very good job in updating the drivers and getting them out quickly.

XP 32bit 177.35

XP 64bit 177.35

Vista 32bit 177.35
Vista 64bit 177.35

You will need to download the drivers AND the modified INF file on that page. When the drivers download, run the .exe (it is an extraction program) and it will create a folder on the desktop (example: 177.35_winxp64). Place the modified INF file in the folder, overwriting the existing one. Run the installer normally (setup.exe in the extracted folder) and reboot your computer.

Thanks I will update my drivers.

The other thing - my CPU score is 6K, its an E7200, it was running at 3.4ghz when I ran that test.

Ah, ok, that isn't bad for the driver you are running though. Change them out and you should beat my first score easily.

Ah, ok, that isn't bad for the driver you are running though. Change them out and you should beat my first score easily.

I mean it shows your proc getting 33K, I dont understand why your E3110 would crush my proc so bad.

Wow thats amazing. Strange how it effects CPU score and not GPU scores. Anyways about to run it =)
:welcome: to the forums!

It actually enables CUDA on the card. The reason it is so high is because it now does physics on the GPU. The GPU can do many many more floating point operations (what most of physics is) than the CPU can.

Thanks for the help so far thirderas and the suggested drivers. However with the new drivers and a 775/1200 overclock I still get 6237 and 6265, maybe its an option in the nvidia control panel, I'm going to chekc that out.

After looking in the nVidia control panel, I could not find anything, this is kinda wierd.

If you got the same score, the drivers did not install. Completely remove them (add/remove program + Driver Cleaner Pro + deleting the nVidia folder in C:\) and restart. Make sure the resolution is really low when Windows starts, that means the drivers were removed and it isn't using them. THEN install the 177.35's ;)

If you got the same score, the drivers did not install. Completely remove them (add/remove program + Driver Cleaner Pro + deleting the nVidia folder in C:\) and restart. Make sure the resolution is really low when Windows starts, that means the drivers were removed and it isn't using them. THEN install the 177.35's ;)

Thanks, I'll try this now.

Alright I am absolutely sure I have the 177.35 drivers installed but I am still getting the same low score :(

Open the nVidia control panel and go to Help<System Information. It will tell you the driver version it is using. What does yours say?

PhysX drivers = cheating :p anyway as most games do not use Physx, so it doesn't matter as much but it helps in games that do use it though.

Fixed.

DLed the latest PhysX drivers and nVidia beta drivers. Now I get:

P7892

GPU: 6321
CPU: 31022

Thanks for the tips on the drivers, maybe this will help my score as I seem to have really crappy experience when I play Crysis. Slows down really bad after a while, but I think I'm not the only one, I'm hopeing I can get a water kit for the card and solve the cooling problem as I think thats the reason it does it.

omni - if you think it's overheating you could run Rivatuner in the background while playing and have it log temperatures or even just leave the graph for temps open, when you quit out of the game it will show the recent temps.

Back