• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no HDMI on an Asus 8800GTS 640MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I just google'd my card to see if it has HDMI or if it's HDMI ready and supposedly it's not?!? I don't have an HDMI display, but might have one in the future. I'm not sure about upgrading my videocard as I don't know much gaming besides HL2 and Counter-Strike Source, but what would be a decent upgrade over what I have right now and doesn't burn a hole in my wallet?

it can do DVI out to HDMI, it does not have an HDMI port, no.

you would need to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter if you wanted to attached it to an HDMI port on a tv or something\

is gaming slow for you if all you do is source, you dont need a new vid card, source engine runs fine on your card even at higher res.

you can get that cable for like $8 shipped from monoprice nothing to worry about. However you would need to get another cable for sound as it wouldnt pass through audio as well but thats hardly a big deal

Back