• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6660 OC issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markgiles

Registered
hi all i am trying to overclock my q6600 to 3ghz i have managed to do it but at ramdom times it refuses to POST i then resets the bois to defaults and then re-overclock and it works or other times it POST then gets into windows i then get blue screen of death and it resets and returns all bios settings to stock i then yet again re do the overclock and it then works and boots in to windows normal could some one help me find the reason why i get this issue i am running 64bit prime95 right now at home on it to check to see for any erros but wont b able to report any thing back untill i finish work at 5.15GMT london i have a few screen shots of CPUID and core temp but wile prime 95 was runing before i left my house the temps were mad like 79c 82c 75c.

can any one help i am new to this stuff do i need to change a setting in the bios or what up the Vcore any thing some help me plaese

those readings of the temps were before i started to run prime95 so ignore them

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,526
need a pic with memory and spd tab open, as well you can open cpuz more then once.

q6600

i have overclocked mine to 3.5 and had no issues on air ran prime 95 for 8 hours and not a problem

joshua343.jpg

even so those are some crazy high idle temps, mine is @ 3.1 right now and idles @ around 38° which is high imo load is about 58° and your core voltage is pretty high and so is your vid might just be a sour chip i have found that 1.375 is the sweetspot as far as voltage is concerned for my chip you might try to reseat your hsf and check your air flow?

Maybe your CPU HSF isn't mounted properly? If it is, you should consider some aftermarket cooling.

From the information currently available, I'd take a guess and say running your memory out of spec is what's making the PC fail to POST at times.

Use the following BIOS template to list all of your current settings (this template is from a GA-X38-DQ6 BIOS, but should be similar to the GA-P35C-DS3R)...
Code:
[b]MB Intelligent Tweaker (MIT)[/b]
Robust Graphics Booster:
CPU Clock Ratio:
CPU Host Clock Control:
CPU Host Frequency(Mhz) :
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) :
C.I.A.2:
Performance Enhance :
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)
Memory Frequency(Mhz):
DRAM Timing Selectable :
[b]Standard Timing Control[/b]
CAS Latency Time: :
DRAM RAS# to CAS# :
DRAM RAS# Precharge :
Precharge Delay(tRAS) :
[b]Advanced Timing Control[/b]
ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD) :
Rank Write to READ Delay :
Write To Precharge Delay :
Refresh to ACT Delay : 
Read To Precharge Delay : 
tRD :
tRD Phase Adjustment :
Command to #CS Timing: :
[b]Clock Driving and Skew Control[/b]
CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control :
CPU Clock Skew Control : Normal
(G)MCH Clock Skew Control : Normal
[b]System Voltage Control[/b]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control :
PCI-E OverVoltage Control :
FSB OverVoltage Control :
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control :
MCH Reference Voltage Control : Normal
DDR Reference Voltage Control : Normal
DDR Termination Voltage Control : Normal
CPU GTLREF1 Voltage* :
CPU GTLREF2 Voltage* :
CPU Voltage Control :
Normal CPU Vcore :

[b]Advanced Bios Features[/b]
CPU Multi-Threading
Limit CPUID Max to 3
No-Execute Memory Protect
CPU Enhanced Halt(CIE)
CPU Thermal Monitor 2
CPU EIST Function
Virtualization Technology

Note: * Items are Hidden press [CTRL] + [F1] from the BIOS main menu to access.

Back