• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network lost off one computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

Using Norton on all three computers, and same network. I was browsing files on one computer from another when all of a sudden, the explorer window blanked and all network shared files disappeared. the only icons were PNP devices; all files and folders went away. I can access files and folders from the other computers but, can't from the one. It will not even recognize it's own shared folders. I tried re-building the network via wizard, turned off the firewalls, everything I can think of, but the computer will not access the network files. it hits the internet fine and pings fine. Just cannot shake the files loose.

Any ideas. This is getting real frustrating. I was browsing photos stored on the sever and the window just went blank for a moment, then goodbye.

Nevermind.

Rebooted and the network mysteriously reappeared. Tried several times, browsed some files and no probs. Strange occurrence though.:bang head

EDIT: I did reboot several times earlier, so don't be misled to think that rebooting corrected the issue.

Back