• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless internet connection cuts out for no reason

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

I'm using MSI wireless Utility with my card, the connection is always 90+% and is pretty fast and good most of the time. All of the sudden for no reason I can fathom the connection stops working and the MSI utility will either display connection is good or it will go back and forth with disconnected and connected but not work. I have to right click on the windows wireless connection and click repair. After the repair it works fine for 15+ minutes but the problem happens again within an hour.

What's going on and how can I fix this? Should I try using windows zero configuration?

is the wireless zero config service stopped seems as how your using another utility... easiest way to stop it is go

start > run and type "net stop wzcsvc" w/o quotes... or start if you wanna start it.

is the wireless zero config service stopped seems as how your using another utility... easiest way to stop it is go

start > run and type "net stop wzcsvc" w/o quotes... or start if you wanna start it.

did that, but almost positive it did nothing since when I go to the windows it says windows cannot configure because...

My internet no longer works on my computer. The router and internet are working fine though, I am on a roommates laptop.

I changed to wireless zero configuration and it worked the same for like 6 hours then my internet stopped working for no reason. It is connected to the network with excellent signal but I can't go to any webpage or anything.

netsh winsock reset

3 possibilties

1) Wireless interfernce. Another system running on your freq, telephone or even some cheap wireless desktop setups can interfere.

2) Hardware malfunction. Try another wireless adapter

3) Virus. Just went through this with my aunt's laptop. Caught a virus and removing it broke the internet. Ended up scanning her HDD on my pc, then replaced it. Removed AOL and Computer associates ran crapcleaner, and powertools (to remove all of aol where the virus was hiding, i Think the virus was called AOL ::p) then I did a winsock reset.

I got internet working again using the winsockxpfix program on my usb drive...

I will most likely still lose connection here and there I will report back when I get that problem again

Back