• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX9650 Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like he's got ya beat Brolloks :D 0.2sec faster in SuperPi = :mad:

Brolloks, I know you've got that wonderful chip on a P45 motherboard right now which is giving you some excellent FSB's -- have you tried it on an X38/X48? I'm just curious how much better the P45 is versus the chip itself.

Yeah, I've tried it on a Maximus Formula and Rampage Formula and I could not get close to 500.

BTW Gautum's ss is with DDR3 at some crazy high speed and timings ;) I only used some poor mans DDR2:-/

Good to know Re: X48's.

Oh, and excuses are for 2nd place losers ;) We dont' want to hear any whining about your lack of cool playtoys :D I think we all know better! Get in there and show us what that poor man's DDR2 can do! :beer:

Oh, and excuses are for 2nd place losers ;) We dont' want to hear any whining about your lack of cool playtoys :D I think we all know better! Get in there and show us what that poor man's DDR2 can do! :beer:

I hear ya...wait untill I get my P5Q3 tomorrow and slap the Viper DDR3's on them:D

That shot actually had the DDR3 very relaxed at only 800 7-7-6-21.

P.S. I've never spent more than $200 on any ram ever. What I used for that run was $155 G.Skill.

Makes me feel good about my 1200mhz 5-5-5-15 run on my OCZ for $95 lol
1200mhz_q6700.JPG

The 500MHz FSB is cushy. :thup: You guys have no idea what a pain it is to do that on 790i lol.

I do;), that is why I sold both the 790i and Qx9650 I had, real PITA to get FSB up on that board, only thing the 790i is good for is clocking RAM, nothing else.

Pain, yes. But at least it's not impossible like it is in my X48! Maybe I just need to give it some more TLC.

The X48 is great with Wolfies and 65nm quads, I like the brute force of the chipset that commands any stubborn Q6600 into submission, takes a bear and turns it into a weasle:argue:

Gautam calls me out every day. You sort of just get used to it. LOL!

I'll see what I can do. Max I've hit is 465, but I guess I will drop my multie and go at it tonight. Just have to remember how to get into my BIOS first.

-Collin-

Back