• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX9650 Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Remember also that the QX6850 is the 65nm core like the Q6600 rather than the newer 45nm core like the Q9450's. As such, they use up a bit more voltage and put off a bit more heat at the same clockspeed.

So yeah, somewhere around 3.2-3.4 is where they stop at absolutely stock voltage. That's not to say you couldn't certainly get more though, just as long as you have the cooling and the cajones to be mean to it :beer:

It's not that special...remember, these are QX9650's (45nm) we're talking about. QX's are binned pretty well too.

Oh that's right, I was still thinking about the Kentsfield core. Not even sure why i was.. :(

So yeah, those puppies work a lot better with the lower volts :)

Challenge huh?

Wanna race Ed? :cool:

This is actually one I did just for you last weekend to cheer Collin up. (ignore the reported vcore, it's actually more like 1.45v, dunno why CPU-Z reads goofy on 790i) Just air...

Don't feel too bad about Brolloks' teasers prime, the QX9650 is a solid CPU, and the multiplier freedom is a boon with quad cores. I just hope for your sake that you got it at a good price.

Attachments

• 500x9.JPG
    500x9.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 201
Looks like he's got ya beat Brolloks :D 0.2sec faster in SuperPi = :mad:

Brolloks, I know you've got that wonderful chip on a P45 motherboard right now which is giving you some excellent FSB's -- have you tried it on an X38/X48? I'm just curious how much better the P45 is versus the chip itself.

Back