• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2ZS works in Vista x64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satsumomo

Creative already removed this card from their "support" section of their website, they only have the Audigy Value listed.

Would these drivers work for it? I'm not able to test it out at all, I don't even have Vista yet, but I don't want to upgrade just to find that my videocard will not work at all.

I found a website, nomoregoatsoup, with some drivers that supposedly work under Vista, but it says "No directsound EAX support in games" so that pretty much kills it for me.

EDIT: Googled a fix:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=275

I've yet to try it, but so far all seems well :eek:

Last edited:
I tried this card in Vista 64-bit and it will work with the value drivers but 5.1 support does not work.

Last edited:
Well I tried the Value drivers off of Creative's site which are actually beta drivers and I tried the Microsoft Drivers from the update site and Couldn't get 5.1 with it. Me and a Friend of mine have both tried getting full support going on the 2Zs but no go so far.

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks for the excellent replies :)

I will now not fear going Vista and having to upgrade my sound card.

Ya the audigy 2zs vista issue is what was keeping me from upgrading to vista before the updates. Then I got vista and read into in and realized that it can work, however then I decided I dont need vista at all after playing around with a computer that had it installed. I currently Have 4 unopened copies of vista ultimate laying around that I got for free and I still havent moved over.

However its good to know that I dont need to upgrade my perfectly good soundcard just to move to a new os. I just couldnt live without that break out box.

I couldn't get mind working with Vista Home Premium 32bit, it's still sitting on my desk shelf.

To hell with Creative and their lousy drivers imo.

I couldnt agree more. My opinion of creative did a 180 with vista. Ive made a personal decision to never buy a creative product again after this fiasco.

My issues with Creative and Vista (both 32 and 64-bit) that I came across, is that MS got rid of DirectSound3D. That means the older games that used your sound card for hardware acceleration, now have to use software. This affects games like Call of Duty 2, Diablo 2.
This means that you have to use Creatives "Alchemy" program to reroute the call outs for the sound files.
Another problem has been with Creative and their crappy driver support for Vista. I had an X-fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty sound card and they just can't get any working drivers. The only ones available are their Beta ones that still don't work.
I am now running an HT Omega Striker 7.1 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271001) and couldn't be happier.

Back