• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding Mentor Program - Admin Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
THIS IS NO LONGER THE ACTIVE FOLDING MENTOR PROGRAM ADMIN THREAD. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE CURRENT THREAD.

Team 32 Folding Mentor Program - Admin Thread

• Q: What is the Team 32 Folding Mentor program?

• A: This thread is the center of a long term objective implemented for the betterment of the F@H cause, Team 32, OC Forums, and each individual involved.

The echelon of success this objective will achieve is highly contingent upon the resolve with which we, as a Team, engage the effort.

There will be no statistical goals, no ultimate levels of achievement; individual success is determined purely by involvement. This is an objective which facilitates as much or as little involvement as each individual chooses. The purpose of this program is to give us a clear objective and organize the effort.

This effort only has one specific target: Mold newcomers to Team 32 into the next great Folders and contributing members of our great Team. We will not solicit new OCF members to join Team 32, we're not door to door salesmen. What we will do is give new Folders a "go to" person for all their questions; someone who will always be there for them. This is a two-way street, we need those who wish to mentor and those who would like to be mentored.

• Q: I am getting interested, how can I become a Folding Mentor?

• A: If you want to become a mentor, post in THIS thread and ask to become a mentor. If you are knowledgeable in Folding, can help new Folders with a variety of client setups, and have the time and resolve to help new teammates - then your name will be added to our Folding Mentor List here in THIS thread. I will PM your here on OCF to confirm your Mentor status. Once you become a mentor it's your responsibility to offer your services to new Team 32 members. When you find a new member to mentor, please PM me their name and I'll update the Folding Mentor List here in THIS thread.

If you like, include a "I'm a Team 32 Folding Mentor. Ask me about Folding." sign in your sig.

• Q: I am a mentor, now what?

• A: That's up to you. Your level of involvement is purely at your own discretion. We hope those who become mentors will be active in helping those they mentor achieve their Folding objectives.

Credits: This program is a revamp of the original Folding Mentor Program started by @md0Cer & I.M.O.G.

Last edited:
ttt - I need more Mentors... I know we've got the experienced Folders. ;)

Adak... can I get an Adak anyone? :D

How about a nitteo, or maybe a Pixie? They both seem to know their way around the clients pretty well, atleast according to their production rates.

Edit for another thought: What about the garynator? I am sure that even after the long absence, he still knows his way around the clients.:attn:

Last edited:
I don't believe I would make a good mentor.

Although I'm anxious to assist where I can, I simply can't run the GPU client in the Summer - it's too hot. So my knowledge of that important client is sharply limited.

More importantly, I'm more than a bit disgusted with FAH for dumping this string of buggy beta clients on us. I'm a folder, not a baby-sitter for their poor quality programs.

I really can't figure out what the sheyit they think they're doing. It's like they're trying to drive us away, and they're doing a pretty good job of that.

Glad to assist where I can, but obviously I'm not mentor material.

I don't believe I would make a good mentor.

Although I'm anxious to assist where I can, I simply can't run the GPU client in the Summer - it's too hot. So my knowledge of that important client is sharply limited.

More importantly, I'm more than a bit disgusted with FAH for dumping this string of buggy beta clients on us. I'm a folder, not a baby-sitter for their poor quality programs.

I really can't figure out what the sheyit they think they're doing. It's like they're trying to drive us away, and they're doing a pretty good job of that.

Glad to assist where I can, but obviously I'm not mentor material.

I don't believe this statement ( highlighted part) is quite true Adak you have helped me get to where I am today, and have mentored allot of other Folders here too,
and yes I too dont know much about GPU client, apart from the reading here in Forums
( I,m just worried about Heat issues and Warranty of my card , Dont have Finacial Status to Just replace if Damaged)

Edit *** Yah !! I have now got my 8800GT Folding the GPU2 Client with the 177.92 Nvidia cuda Drivers
GPU@Home - Stock settings & Stock Cooler (Temp 44C)

JS

Last edited:
I agree... Adak, you would make a fine Mentor. Let's not over stress the need to be uber fluent in every FAH client. General knowledge of the clients and the environment outweigh knowledge of client quirks... and I know you definitely have what it takes in that respect.

ttt... ehem... I need more motivated and active Team 32 Folders to become mentors. ;)

I know you're out there. Don't make me find you! :D

Back